Upstate Concerts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sunset South Carolina, Tamassee, South Carolina
Hey guys,

My two surferette daughters and surfer wife want to know if there will be any good concerts up in the upstate 4th of July week. No country, Brittany, Back Street, etc.
Looking for Jack Johnson, Cold Play, Pepper, etc. Good music, something that the Mafia wouldn't be ashamed of.......

As for me, let me know if Merle Haggard comes to town.

Capt Jim,

Our last concert we had here was horrible. I wish we could get people like Jack Johnson,Coldplay, etc etc here in the upstate. I don't know of anyone coming July 4th weekend.

Anderson's "big" concert is memorial day weekend. Freedom Weekend aloft, is what its coined. We had Ryan Seacreast or how ever you spell his name and a few other pop "stars". I got up in the middle of the venue and left.

You might want to check the bilo center in G-vegas. It usually pulls a few big names, but thats it as far the upstate. bilo center

If its worth a trip, the Verizon wireless ampi-theater in Charlotte, gets all the business here

Matt

Last edited:
I actually looked at some of the shows and it looks pretty dead. I saw kenny Chesney last year when he came here and I wasn't impressed. He was the only country singer I liked but after the crap he pulled at last years, I doubt I pay to see him again.

Sorry Capt Jim, but welcome to the upstate. About the only thing to do here is drink, reproduce, work on your cruiser, or go to down town clemson(and thats only fun when school is in session).

Sorry about the bad attidude...but my summer time blues are in full effect!

Yea, the concert thing down here is pretty lame, too. I live about 2 miles from a great venue but they always book crap. The good ones that manage to show up always sell out before they are made public. I could never figure that out, but it is always the case, most recently, with Jack Johnson. :mad:

Still looking forward to coming up everytime. Nothing wrong with that list of things to do you provided, Matt.

Leaving tomorrow and will arrive late tomorrow evening.

Jim

The handle Bar

Fri. July 1: PARIS MOUNTAIN RAMBLERS and Friends
Sat. July 1: INSIDIOUS DEMISE, with special guests RELENTLESS and EVERYMAN'S ENEMY
Weds. July 6: CAITLIN CARY & THAD COCKRELL
Fri. July 8: RAY OF HOPE Benefit
Sat. July 9: RODNEY CROWELL, with special guest WILL KIMBROUGH
Tues. July 12: VICTOR WOOTEN
Weds. July 13: SUN DOMINGO, with special guests THE LACKIES and VINYLDRIVE
Just announced! Thurs. July 14: SPONGE, with special guests ADDISON CROFT
Sat. July 16: THE BLUE DOGS, with special guests EVERLASTING EARLE

They just missed Toots & The Maytals last night . A bunch of my friends were there said it was a great show.

Check here. http://ashevillemusic.blogspot.com/2005_03_01_ashevillemusic_archive.html

For live music links in Asheville. The orange Peel is a great place.

And July 4th we have this downtown.

http://www.greenvilleevents.com/html/news/details.asp?GEINewsID=1

Last edited:
SCJO06 said:
I actually looked at some of the shows and it looks pretty dead. I saw kenny Chesney last year when he came here and I wasn't impressed. He was the only country singer I liked but after the crap he pulled at last years, I doubt I pay to see him again.

Sorry Capt Jim, but welcome to the upstate. About the only thing to do here is drink, reproduce, work on your cruiser, or go to down town clemson(and thats only fun when school is in session).

Sorry about the bad attidude...but my summer time blues are in full effect!

Thats because you are in Anderson. Trust me I know how you feel.

Thanks Marshall. I'll pass this along to my crew. Briefly looked at the website but I'm off to work.
Where is the Handle Bar located and what kind of venue is it? My two girls are 15 and 18.

Jim

I hit up freedom weekedn aloft a couple summers back and saw John Mayer and Michelle Branch it was pretty good. But I'm sitting about 20 minutes from house of blues here in conway so I get all kinds of good shows if I want to go. Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson were here a couple weeks back. Foreigner will be there on the first got to love that classic rock. Sister Hazel and Dezerays Hammer on the 9th but I'll be up in clemson then. Some other people playing in the next month, Weezer, Vertical Horizon, Howie Day, Chevelle, O.A.R., and of course who could miss Hootie and the Blowfish.

well....

Oolenoy Community Center holds Blue Grass Jams
each Friday and Saturday night. Hot dogs dinners are
available to attendees.
The Pumpkintown Opry also has picking on Saturday nights.
The Opry is located at the intersection of 11 & 8. Look
for the huge yellow rocking chair.
The Oolenoy Community Center is where the Pumpkin
Festival is held each Oct.
Hehe......I doubt the Surferettes will hear any Bob Marley
tunes there, or any Beach Boys either. ;)
See ya'll soon old pals!
Give me a ring when ya'll hit the road.
By the way. Uncle Jimmy of Aunt Sue's fame wants
to do another breakfast feast for us while ya'll are in town.
I'll bet Paul and his gang would like that too.
We'll talk when ya'll arrive.

Gundy said:
Oolenoy Community Center holds Blue Grass Jams
each Friday and Saturday night. Hot dogs dinners are
available to attendees.
The Pumpkintown Opry also has picking on Saturday nights.
The Opry is located at the intersection of 11 & 8. Look
for the huge yellow rocking chair.

where is this in relation to athens/hartwell?

3pits said:
where is this in relation to athens/hartwell?

Short drive up Highway #11. Take US #I-85 to the SC border and get off at the
highway #11 exit. I'd guess 40 miles or so from that exit.
Pumpkintown is located at the intersection of SC # 8 and SC #288.
Pumpkintown Opry is on #11 at #8.
Man, Athens is a sweet town. Southern Belles galore.

Gundy said:
Short drive up Highway #11. Take US #I-85 to the SC border and get off at the
highway #11 exit. I'd guess 40 miles or so from that exit..

Man, I love it, Dave. Down here, a short drive is considered to be a 5-10 minute drive. Up there, It's a short drive from Athens to Pumpkintown. :grinpimp:

:bounce: :beer: :bounce2: :cheers: :bounce2: Looking forward to getting up there :bounce: :beer: :bounce2: :cheers: :bounce2:

Gundy said:
......I doubt the Surferettes will hear any Bob Marley
tunes there

No, I don't recall seeing many Rastafarians on my past visits to Pumpkintown......

Capt. Jim said:
Man, I love it, Dave. Down here, a short drive is considered to be a 5-10 minute drive. Up there, It's a short drive from Athens to Pumpkintown. :grinpimp:

:bounce: :beer: :bounce2: :cheers: :bounce2: Looking forward to getting up there :bounce: :beer: :bounce2: :cheers: :bounce2:

LOL...This from a member who will drive 1000 miles at the drop of a birfield.
:bounce: :beer:

Athens to Clemson takes like an hr and a half. I think we got your your yardsale in about that amount of time 3pits.

Hard40 said:
A Rastawhat?

Bob Marley types. Usually, from down south, but down south Jamaica :flamingo: , not South Carolina. Very religious types. Always partaking in their sacrament.....

Never saw any around Ceasar's Head or Cleveland, neither.......

Thanks Jim. I'm learning a lot listening to you and The Mafia interact. I may in a time warp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom