Upholstery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it possible for you to post a picture of the tan sample you received from them? The sample I received is definitely the ‘earlier’ pattern and when I spoke with them they told me it’s the only pattern that’s available. It’s available in tan or grey, but again it’s the earlier (striped) pattern. Thank you!

Not totally perfect. But it is not the pattern of the 80-86. This also doesn't have 30+ years of uv fade...

IMG_20201208_083321.jpg

Not totally perfect. But it is not the pattern of the 80-86. This also doesn't have 30+ years of uv fade...

View attachment 2519158
Thanks for sending. That’s the same material I received from SMS. Since everything else in my car has the lighter fabric I’d prefer to not use darker in only one location (drivers seat bottom). Fortunately an individual has seen these posts and may have some of the material needed to recover my seat. I just joined the forum yesterday afternoon and am thoroughly impressed with the responses I’ve received. People who are genuinely wanting to assist and that’s encouraging in today’s environment.

Thanks for sending. That’s the same material I received from SMS. Since everything else in my car has the lighter fabric I’d prefer to not use darker in only one location (drivers seat bottom). Fortunately an individual has seen these posts and may have some of the material needed to recover my seat. I just joined the forum yesterday afternoon and am thoroughly impressed with the responses I’ve received. People who are genuinely wanting to assist and that’s encouraging in today’s environment.
Totally understood. I have some extra material I've been hoarding too, but I'm scared to let it go as it's almost unobtainium.

I too got a sample from SMS for the earlier trucks. Really close, but not exact. I may use it anyway for the fronts. I looked at Nomad Cruisers FB page and see they are selling OEM fabrics seat covers for the fronts at $1250. Wow that is about 2X what I thought they might charge.

Here is the SMS sample against my rear seat. The weave is a little heavier and the brown stripe is wider and not as brown. Has some gold weaved in too it appears.

8AF1A3B5-ED74-41E2-A558-600A568388F8.jpeg

I too got a sample from SMS for the earlier trucks. Really close, but not exact. I may use it anyway for the fronts. I looked at Nomad Cruisers FB page and see they are selling OEM fabrics seat covers for the fronts at $1250. Wow that is about 2X what I thought they might charge.
I messaged with him. Really nice guy. He said he has some used seat covers for sale too, in near mint condition. He quoted me $350 for the brown fj62 driver seat (bottom and back). Seemed like it was a bit rich, but not terrible. I didn't need it that bad though.

@vankho

Or anybody in Los Angeles-ish area

Do know a good shop that will rebuild/reupholster FJ60 seats ? I'd like to do Marine Vinyl or something very durable and easily cleaned. I'll prolly just put the SOR duck covers I already have back over them...

So I thought this through and got a detailed response from Nomad Cruisers. Seems like they really build a nice seat cover using SMS material. I am strongly considering using him, but would love to hear if anyone here has experience with his product. Quality, fit, and appearance? I might try a local upholstery shop just to compare.