Upholstery shop around Austin (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mr Cimarron

DRIVE, BREAK, FIX, REPEAT
SILVER Star
Threads
The bench seat from my mine truck needs lots of love. Depending on price I would like to save it. It would need new foam and fabric. Anyone know a shop they have used before that’s worth recommending?
C3FFEAD3-B60C-4065-8970-315A2F075D79.jpeg

There is a guy in Cedar Park (Pablo), he has done some work for me and I like his quality.

A.J

Last edited:
I hear Gabriel and Son in San Marcos does good work. I haven't used them personally though.
I used G&S years ago to recover a chin pad on a stand up Jet Ski. I always heard great things about his work...just pricey. Pad turned out great.

Thanks everyone. I’ll start emailing/calling these places you guys have suggested. First quote I got was $775 from Grateful Threads out in Manchaca. I think $500-$600 would be my ceiling. It would be nice to have one piece of this build that isn’t a two week project requiring my brain to think.
@davegonz suggested using the 80 series second row seats as a bench seat so I need to explore that option as well. I have two sets taking up space so it makes sense.

Can you just buy the fabric and foam and do it yourself? That's what I did for the back seats in my 40, they were in decent shape when I bought them from a guy in NY, but I powder coated the frames and put new foam and vinyl on.

Before:

7A6BzN8.jpg

After:

qq1U40y.jpg

Can you just buy the fabric and foam and do it yourself? That's what I did for the back seats in my 40, they were in decent shape when I bought them from a guy in NY, but I powder coated the frames and put new foam and vinyl on.

Before:

7A6BzN8.jpg

After:
Possible I assume but quick look on Megazip shows discontinued or expensive. I can always hope to find something in Japan when on vacation in June.

What year truck?
It came from a 1998 HZJ75 Ute. I also need to make sure the mine company didn't swap the seat in. It might not even be a Toyota seat.

Looks that way. I just had a light bulb on moment and realized I need to verify if the seat that came with the truck will work with my parking brake. The mine company put a plate over the hole and never had use for a parking brake with the axles they used. I need to throw the seat back in tonight and make sure the notch on the bench is there to clear the parking brake.
The 80 series parking brake I'm using is a direct fit so I won't be moving it.

Gabriel and Sons kinda screwed me over... I had everything ready to go, checked 3 times ahead of time they could work me in, and they were all good, so I got the family to follow me out there, and then they got scared by the seat heater/cooler kit and wouldn't do it, even though I had sent them everything about how to do it. I ended up just doing them myself, but I had the leathers.

There is a guy out of creedmore that seemed nice and capable, you could try him, he works out of his gargage.

Glad you posted that site. Found a seat cover with the notch which looks very similar.

That's cheap enough to try out.

That's cheap enough to try out.
I was thinking the same thing. One of the requirements for a seat is I want it reupholstered to a specific fabric or a replacement seat must have a quality cover available.

Looks like any bench seat won’t work due to the parking brake. Mine company must have swapped out the buckets for bench since they don’t need parking brake. Back to bucket seat search or use the electric Disco II seats I have.

Did you keep the front bucket seats out of that 80 you used for the frame?

Did you keep the front bucket seats out of that 80 you used for the frame?
I swapped the Lexus seats into the 80. The 80 seats got hacked up for the feet for the Disco seats. That was the original plan for them.
80 seats would be too big. I probably need to look into Tacoma/4Runner seats or maybe 60 series seats. I see Wrench-a-part in my future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom