Upgrading to the ARB twin compressor (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Will it be an easy swap to install where the current arb compressor lives? Or do I need to use a new wiring harness? Curious if anyone knows?

The wiring harness that comes with the dual compressor is what you'll need to use. Each motor has a separate feed. Don't skimp on the wiring, they draw a lot of power. Mine melted the oem plugs airing up two trucks back to back on a 100 degree day at Rausch Creek a few years ago. ARB repaired the unit under warranty.

I am so terrible with wiring and electronics. But more and more I’m thinking this is probably the best direction to go in.

Is there a spotty history on the reliability of the twin compressor? Had a friend who used one for 5 months but used it only 3 times. It ate its own internals airing up his tires. When they took it apart both pistons were warped ( one of the connecting rods was broken completely).
The other was one here on mud where it looked like the same thing happened.
Not bashing but after seeming it in person torn down I would of thought it would have better components and machining inside.

Is there a spotty history on the reliability of the twin compressor? Had a friend who used one for 5 months but used it only 3 times. It ate its own internals airing up his tires. When they took it apart both pistons were warped ( one of the connecting rods was broken completely).
The other was one here on mud where it looked like the same thing happened.
Not bashing but after seeming it in person torn down I would of thought it would have better components and machining inside.
from what I have read online its normally the singles that have issues not the dbls.... but for the money i would hope they were be well made

The doubles originally had a bunch of issues 3ish years ago but they have since revised it to correct them. Also if mounting under hood you must open the hood when using it or it will overheat. Also the double is 2 singles in a different mount. Compressors are the same

The doubles originally had a bunch of issues 3ish years ago but they have since revised it to correct them. Also if mounting under hood you must open the hood when using it or it will overheat. Also the double is 2 singles in a different mount. Compressors are the same
His destruction was just over 2 years ago so maybe it was the same lot or batch.I have a single under the hood of my 40 but all it runs is the lockers and other than wash out the air filter I have not done anything to it. I have a separate compressor I keep for airing up.

To clarify, open the hood when using it to air up tires per ARB. Lockers take almost no air so that is not an issue

again.... @fjman .... what are your plans for the old compressor... i have been looking for a used one in good shape. I would love a dbl but all i need is a single. I am in no rush to air up at the end of the day!

@fjman you know you don’t have to air down to drive that 60 throw the mall parking lot.
:)

@fjman you know you don’t have to air down to drive that 60 throw the mall parking lot.
:)
Haha! Zing! She really doesn’t see much action but hopefully this year I can get it out more

again.... @fjman .... what are your plans for the old compressor... i have been looking for a used one in good shape. I would love a dbl but all i need is a single. I am in no rush to air up at the end of the day!
I’d probably sell it. I haven’t bought a twin yet though. I’ve been really slow getting stuff done. Work/life has been busy. I have an old power tank I may just mount. I was trying to keep less stuff in the interior but maybe since I have it that’s the easy/cheaper route….

I’d probably sell it. I haven’t bought a twin yet though. I’ve been really slow getting stuff done. Work/life has been busy. I have an old power tank I may just mount. I was trying to keep less stuff in the interior but maybe since I have it that’s the easy/cheaper route….
well let me know ... i am in no rush but it is one thing on my list is to mount a compressor under the hood... itll open up some space in the drawers for other storage if the current compressor isnt there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom