Upgrading MC after FF Swap on 1992 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Josey1972

SILVER Star
Threads
My 1992 has the Terrain Tamer low range gears in it and a FF rear axle. Still using the 1992 master.

Backstory:

I was going uphill and wasnt able to get through an obstacle, as I backed down the low range gears almost overpowered the brake system. I ended up putting the truck in neutral and letting the truck roll back.

SO,

Ordered up the new MC from Georg. I find that I now need about 5” of length on the hard line to get it to the MC.

I have been unable to find information on how people have dealt with it. My Question: Will one of the newer, pre-made OEM lines work (93+) or do you need to go full custom? It seems difficult to add onto the line as it sits in the truck.

If anyone has changed out to the 93 plus MC I’d like to hear how you did it.

Here is how I dealt with my mushy brake pedal and poor trail control:

@Josey1972 What MC did you order? I am doing a FF conversion right now and learned I need a disc/disc MC. The proper MC part number for a '92 with discs on all 4 corners and no ABS would be part number 47201-60570 per thread Brake master cylinder differences - Current thread?

I am not aware of any dimensional differences between the stock '92 MC and 47201-60570. Can anyone confirm this?

@Josey1972 What MC did you order? I am doing a FF conversion right now and learned I need a disc/disc MC. The proper MC part number for a '92 with discs on all 4 corners and no ABS would be part number 47201-60570 per thread Brake master cylinder differences - Current thread?

I am not aware of any dimensional differences between the stock '92 MC and 47201-60570. Can anyone confirm this?
I ordered up a 96 since my axle is a 96. The length of the MC is the same. Make sure you bench bleed it. But see my post below. You be making a new hard line....

NOTICE: your existing brake line to the MC won't work. One will and one won't. I'm learning how to make a flare now. You wouldn't want it to be easy would you???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom