Upgrading Brakes, Which Brand? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have problems stopping my mammoth

SO NO MATTER WHAT I WILL BE UPGRADING MY BRAKES, SO WHICH BRAND?

ERADISPEED PLUS

ERADISPEED PLUS ONE

DECELA ROTORS (cheapest)

:idea:
EBC ROTORS from europe
eradispeedplus_rotor.gif
baer_eradispeed_rear_rotors.jpg

Last edited:
Is the problem brake fade or stopping distance?

yup both.....i drive aggressive

rear disks $399.00

front ranges from $649.00 to $349.00

ANYBODY USE POWERSLOT or other brands????

I would be interested in how those Plus Ones work and if they would fit on stock wheels.

The PLUS ONE says 18 inch wheels or bigger......$1,000.00 for front and back

How fast do ya wanna stop? Brembo also makes front rotor/caliper kit for 100's that uses Ferrari F40 calipers. You need 18" wheels.

Sell your 100 and buy a used Porsche ( : About the same cost.

These are what I am ordering for mine. I used them on an Audi A6 V8 which are notorious for overheated/warped/s***ty rotors and they are great!

www.appliedrotortechnology.com

I would think the OEM brakes with new fluid would give you the best stopping distance. The vented brakes look neat but only provide better fad resistance after repeated high speed stops and may give longer stopping distance because they have less surface area because of the vent holes. Unless you can find a manufacture that has a special system designed for the 100 series that provides proven results I doubt you will improve on OEM and may end up with worse braking performance.

6K pounds and "agressive" driving style.

please tell me that you don't live in the DC area, as my family and I are not not always on the roads in a huge SUV. :frown:

5600 is way too much for a 2 wheel big brake kit. Anything over $5K should be a 4 wheel kit. FWIW, my stoptech 4 wheel kit retails for $4800. They have a 2 wheel LX/LC application for a little over 2 grand

I've got DBA Gold rotors front and back and they work great with the stock brake pistons. www.dba.com.au. Word is the stock pistons on all toyotas are high-grade forged aluminum, so just changing the rotors made sense to me. Performance improved dramatically. They also look cool and are pretty reasonable in price.

LC-Turbo said:
what did you get and pay...prices vary from $1,500 to $3,500.

my budget is $1,500 max

I got the 4 wheel kit for the C32 AMG. 355mm front, 328mm rear. Retail price was $4800 I believe with the cross drilled rotors. I paid much lower, but I got sponsorship for the car.

their kit for the LC/LC is 2600 for the slotted rotors, so I guess I was mistaken in price. $1500 is pretty low when looking for a big brake upgrade. Its hard to find them used for sports cars at that price, let alone a LX/LC. Your best bet would be rotors, pads, and lines.

Stoptech has some great technical white papers. Your stopping distance is really controlled by the traction of your tires, if you can lock up your stock brakes, then it doesnt matter how large your brakes are. BBK's are really for fade resistance during repeated stops. Or in my case....looks.

chukiechz said:
Your stopping distance is really controlled by the traction of your tires, if you can lock up your stock brakes, then it doesnt matter how large your brakes are. BBK's are really for fade resistance during repeated stops. Or in my case....looks.
Above stopping distance, I would say BBK's allow for better brake modulation. But maybe equally important as fade resistance for an SUV.

I got SP slotted rotors from www.raceshopper.com. If you want bling, they can be had with the nickel plated too. I'm using Hawk pads. The combination works really well. My braking improved, no doubt.

I only did the front so far. Rear is still stock rotor and pad.

Anyways, I think you would be looking at under $700 for front and rear rotors plus pads. All bolt-on, etc. Well under your budget.

You should give them a call.

The ART's are about $700 for front & rear rotors with pads...

really.................

this is what I'm thinking, using both.

Stop Tech Calipers will work on stock rotors , a set goes for about 1,000.00.

Then I'll upgrade my front rotors to the crossdrilles and slotted as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom