Upgraded iFORCE Motor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kabanstva

SILVER Star
Threads
Came across this Craigslist ad by accident. Claims the vehicle has an " Upgraded iFORCE Motor" which gives you +40 torque? Anybody hear about this or is this just bs?

Snake oil?

My guess: Tundra or Sequoia engine as those were marketed as I-Force but still a 2UZ. Highly doubt he put a VVTi version in, but I have seen odder swaps.

Neat things about this ad:
  • No pics of engine bay (super secret i-force)
  • No pics of undercarriage (probs rust)
  • Dust caked front wheels
  • Deleted AHC (probs rust)
  • Stainless brake lines (probs rust)
  • LED lights better than the Xenon the LX never had.
  • City slicker brush guard

My guess: Tundra or Sequoia engine as those were marketed as I-Force but still a 2UZ. Highly doubt he put a VVTi version in, but I have seen odder swaps.

Neat things about this ad:
  • No pics of engine bay (super secret i-force)
  • No pics of undercarriage (probs rust)
  • Dust caked front wheels
  • Deleted AHC (probs rust)
  • Stainless brake lines (probs rust)
  • LED lights better than the Xenon the LX never had.
  • City slicker brush guard
Yeah I wouldn't touch a Chicago Toyota/Lexus product with a ten foot pole unless the ad was specific about it being a southern vehicle or being stored in winters and had undercarraige photos. It's terrifying what these winters do to Toyota products.

it is listed here on mud also

iforce deez. You know what's next .

it is listed here on mud also

hummmmmmm ....

i wonder if the CraigsList Seller / @Reckless is trying to say that the 2002 LX470 he is offering up originally had a Aluminum intake manifold equipped 2002 2UZ-FE but now has a 2006 or 2007 black plastic intake manifold equipped 2UZ-FE

i wonder if he / she posts photos or it does not exist images of the engine bay any moment now or not ?

to wag or not to wag , that is the question ......

I'm the owner and will upload photos soon, been super busy over the holidays. I've had it for 10-15 years but became a 200 guy 5 years ago (was a super 100 purist). Kept the 100 for nostalgic reasons. Original motor was very limp and lifeless like other LCs from that era. I supercharged it and accidentally blew a rod. Afterwards put Tundra motor and vehicle had some balls; personally felt torque curve was way better than supercharging even though less power. The 100 chassis is very fun when you pair it with a more lively motor. Probably my biggest complaint with the 100.

I upgraded the projectors to HID not xenons (im forgetting) then later upgraded to super bright LEDs. SS brake lines were recommended to get more stopping power. I didn't notice a difference but felt it was more reliable. The build is a labor of love. I have DT headers/exhaust lying around as well JAOS front and rear bumper bars. I personally like the brush guard and have it on my 100 and 200, comes in handy in chicago. Have considered steel bumpers but love driving this 120+ mph on chicago highways. The ARB suspension feels very sporty and with the extra michelin rubber gives a super smooth ride, much nicer than my KO2s on my 200. Its really a fun car more than my 200.

Last edited:
Afterwards put Tundra motor and vehicle had some balls; personally felt torque curve was way better than supercharging even though less power.

I think people were trying to figure out which Tundra iForce motor you were talking about that had 40 additional foot pounds of torque, or how it was modified to that. It appears that the stock Tundra 4.7s actually have a little less torque than those in the 100 series.

I'm the owner and will upload photos soon, been super busy over the holidays. I've had it for 10-15 years but became a 200 guy 5 years ago (was a super 100 purist). Kept the 100 for nostalgic reasons. Original motor was very limp and lifeless like other LCs from that era. I supercharged it and accidentally blew a rod. Afterwards put Tundra motor and vehicle had some balls; personally felt torque curve was way better than supercharging even though less power. The 100 chassis is very fun when you pair it with a more lively motor. Probably my biggest complaint with the 100.

I upgraded the projectors to HID not xenons (im forgetting) then later upgraded to super bright LEDs. SS brake lines were recommended to get more stopping power. I didn't notice a difference but felt it was more reliable. The build is a labor of love. I have DT headers/exhaust lying around as well JAOS front and rear bumper bars. I personally like the brush guard and have it on my 100 and 200, comes in handy in chicago. Have considered steel bumpers but love driving this 120+ mph on chicago highways. The ARB suspension feels very sporty and with the extra michelin rubber gives a super smooth ride, much nicer than my KO2s on my 200. Its really a fun car more than my 200.

Provide more details on which engine you put in 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom