Upgraded headlight bulbs

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Keep, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Keep

Keep SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    A while back on the SOR boards there was a discussion about PIAA's superwhite and xtreme replacement bulbs. I remember some positive comments about them. How have they held up over time? Anyone have experience with Hella's bulbs?

2. 80and100cruisers

80and100cruisers SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I don't have any experience with those bulbs, but I did buy some cheap knock-off ones. I put them in my 1991 cruiser. The bulbs got so hot that it melted the plastic that they plug into, and I had to replace that. :dunno: Before I replaced it I had to jiggle the light to get them to turn on, and one woudl just turn off while driving. I am back to normal bulbs now. Of course the lesson is, do it right or don't do it. They did give the cool blue/HID look which I liked, they were just a pos product. :mad:

I would guess that Hella or Piaa bulbs won't melt the plug, or give you any problems.

-Matt

3. sjcruiser

sjcruiser

Keep,

Go with PIAA Xtreme; you won't be disappointed. Mine lasts more than 2 yrs now.

Frank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.