Upgraded Brake Lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been searching for the best brake lines, and cant find what Im looking for.

Where do you find custom brake lines from the master cylinder down?

I dont want to run any hard lines, just route some stainless.

What fittings do they need?

Who has done this before?

72 fj40 mini truck disc front only

I have a wonderful speedshop here in town. If it's not in stock they make it up in 20 minutes. I've got their stainless lines all over my rig. Call around, find the store that carries "Earl's" and sounds like they know what they're doing.

I have been searching for the best brake lines, and cant find what Im looking for.

Where do you find custom brake lines from the master cylinder down?

I dont want to run any hard lines, just route some stainless.

What fittings do they need?

Who has done this before?

72 fj40 mini truck disc front only

10mm x 1.0
Not an uncommon fitting. Assuming you are talking about using flexible lines? Someone on this board plumbed his whole cruiser with SS flex lines and claims it works well. But, bending up 3/16, double flaring and reusing your stock fittings is not a bad idea either.
GL

Ed

Whoever did it before said it was pretty reasonable to do also. I thought it was 250ish. Would definitely be a good price considering just to replace the rubbers lines runs 100 bucks and replacement steel lines at a local hose shop have run me $25 both times.

Would love for someone to put together a list or kit of the lengths that are needed to order it all at once.

I'll try the NAPA method next time I need a hard line though. Just needed this one now to get it back driving.

I certainly do not claim to be an expert on this subject, BUT the company who makes all of our SS braided brake hoses says you shouldn't run 100% braided hoses, too much expansion in those hoses, consequently less holding power at the brakes???????

I certainly do not claim to be an expert on this subject, BUT the company who makes all of our SS braided brake hoses says you shouldn't run 100% braided hoses, too much expansion in those hoses, consequently less holding power at the brakes???????

I wonder if replacing the rubber hoses at the same time would cancel out the expansion of the braided lines??? You'd be gaining some and losing some... How come there aren't more automotive engineers on these forums to answer such questions? :cheers:

Brake Accessories

try these guys...just lifted my 40 and replaced with some stainless lines from them...decent price.

Just a side note on that site for the brake lines. They have a disc brake kit for a split case 60 transfercase for $325.00!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom