Upgrade headlight harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there Cruiser Fans.
I just installed Christo's upgrade headlight harness and I had a question.
Where are you supposed to route the section of wire between the two headlights? I wasn't too sure so I unbolted the steel cross member that the radiator, horn, hood latch, ect hang off of and routed the wire under there. It looks good, however, I have no idea how much heat the top front of the radiator throws off and if the new wires will be safe up there.
Thanks for any insight you all can provide.
By the way, big improvement in light output--well worth the money.

CJ

CJ,
I routed it through some black wire loom underneath the front brace and in front of the radiator. Removal of the brace wasn't necessary.

I agree that it is a worthwhile upgrade.
-B-

CJ,

You will be fine with that routing....good to go

Regards...Dan

The 'Querque crew pulls through with the answer.
Thanks guys.

M.I.B. gots nuthin' on us.... :D

We are, as they say......A pair to draw to...... :eek:

I believe I have one of the original harnesses from Christo. While Working yesterday I pulled a little too hard and some of the wires were just too old. I guess it’s time to buy a new one.

I have one of those. Maybe 2 years ago. Best thing I did was unplug it and go back to stock.
Replaced the low beam relay because it need to be smacked to close.
Put a new plug on it because the wire falling out.
All Taiwanese junk.

Everyone that we have measured delivered at best the same or less voltage to the lights than the stock wiring. Don't see how less voltage will make more light? We have removed several of them.

I believe I have one of the original harnesses from Christo. While Working yesterday I pulled a little too hard and some of the wires were just too old. I guess it’s time to buy a new one.

Mine was yellow when I bought the rig in 2010. Had problems with it so pulled it out. Stock wires have worked fine since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom