Upgrade from Rear sag On ome 2865 springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I’m looking for a solution ride height for my 2000 LC.

for reference:
See pic of rig at the beach fully loaded for camping (dog, water jugs inside, loaded fridge). Notice the rear sag. (Sliders not yet installed).

see pic on the driveway. No dog, sliders on, fridge empty, no water jugs etc).

current setup:
OE torsion bar cranked to the max, rear OME 2865 springs, prospeed roof rack, ikamper 4x Skycamp, arb bull front bumper with warn winch, arb rear side by side drawers, Dometic cfx50, dog kennel with 40# dog, white knuckle steel rock sliders, 33” bfgs at ko2.

With all the gear on as-is I want a moderate 1.5-2” lift and mostly level front to rear with a tiny rake. The rig accomplishes that height without all the gear but we use it for camping mostly so need a long term solution.

what do you all recommend?

13092920-F8B9-40EB-B4D1-FDA3C9B61FE7.jpeg

03272012-22A7-44CF-B994-B7A15E9B71C1.jpeg

If your challenges stem from camping and resulting load I would think Rear spring air bags would be pretty cost effective in helping the rear sag while loaded. However if you’re a tax return or a drunk online shopping night away from adding a rear bumper and a constant load, a different spring would make sense.

spacers vs taller springs vs heavier weighted springs?

So confused. No real complaints with ride quality as is.

Hoping someone that was in a similar situation has seat time experience and how they improved the ride height

spacers vs taller springs vs heavier weighted springs?

So confused. No real complaints with ride quality as is.

Hoping someone that was in a similar situation has seat time experience and how they improved the ride height
Spacer will help eliminate sag reduction but limits natural downtravel in both loaded and unloaded scenario. A new spring will change the unloaded rear height as well which puts you in the wrong direction Since you like your 2865 stance unloaded

Amazon product

search the forum for other threads there’s tons of convos on the alternatives. Just what you don’t want is a harsh gnarly stink bug ride because your spring kicked your ass end up 2 inches plus unloaded

The primary problem with the 865s is that they’re 1.5” shorter than the stock Toyota springs. Multiple threads on here describing the same sag problem you’re having with 865s. If you go the airbag route, you’d probably be better off adding bags to new stock Toyota springs than the 865s, the latter of which are going to sag regardless of what you do.

Spacer will help eliminate sag reduction but limits natural downtravel in both loaded and unloaded scenario. A new spring will change the unloaded rear height as well which puts you in the wrong direction Since you like your 2865 stance unloaded

Amazon product

search the forum for other threads there’s tons of convos on the alternatives. Just what you don’t want is a harsh gnarly stink bug ride because your spring kicked your ass end up 2 inches plus unloaded

Thanks. I like the idea of adjusting the rear ride height based on cargo load. Airbags seem inexpensive too. Looking into this.

The primary problem with the 865s is that they’re 1.5” shorter than the stock Toyota springs. Multiple threads on here describing the same sag problem you’re having with 865s. If you go the airbag route, you’d probably be better off adding bags to new stock Toyota springs than the 865s, the latter of which are going to sag regardless of what you do.

stock LC, oem vs 865s the ome raised the rear 1.5". I'm guessing that's because my oem springs w/200k miles and 20 years on them have seen better days.

Get 863’s and be done with it.
But if the spring rate on the 2865’s is in fact higher wouldn’t doesn’t that justify the shorter spring height. That just amounts to less spring compression at no additional load. And again, if you like his current height unloaded the optimal solution is to find something that supports your non-continuos load.

You should Read the whole thread but the 5th post by @RobRed Seems appropriate from your scenario vantage point. the recommendation to offset tow or non constant loadwas an airbag but also the 2863 was stated as an option however unloaded it may put you a little higher than you are now and the ride Firmer than ideal for a daily drive....again all unloaded. You would probably need to make sure you have a little more room on your factory torsion bars to crank.

Get 863’s and be done with it.
But if the spring rate on the 2865’s is in fact higher wouldn’t doesn’t that justify the shorter spring height. That just amounts to less spring compression at no additional load. And again, if you like his current height unloaded the optimal solution is to find something that supports your non-continuos load.

You should Read the whole thread but the 5th post by @RobRed Seems appropriate from your scenario vantage point. the recommendation to offset tow or non constant loadwas an airbag but also the 2863 was stated as an option however unloaded it may put you a little higher than you are now and the ride Firmer than ideal for a daily drive....again all unloaded. You would probably need to make sure you have a little more room on your factory torsion bars to crank.

🤷🏻‍♂️. Mine were sagging like the OP’s when I loaded up with gear and my RTT. I got 863’s and it was awesome. I also tried the Ironman 0-0440 before the 863’s and liked the 863’s better.

🤷🏻‍♂️. Mine were sagging like the OP’s when I loaded up with gear and my RTT. I got 863’s and it was awesome. I also tried the Ironman 0-0440 before the 863’s and liked the 863’s better.

How’s the 863 ride height and handling with truck in unloaded format ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom