Upgrade 1995 land cruiser 70 series with 2017 parts altogether (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, its been done. But if you want add a V8 Toyota diesel it wont fit between the chassis. Pointless swap IMO

Perfect fit only mirrors (electrical), Doors (power window) and rear bumper....
Front hood and fender.. big job but possible...

I believe the earlier 75 year utes and troopys had brown interior, but later years had the grey interior which should be just bolt in. I ended up taking my dash apart and painting it myself, rather than going to the trouble of sourcing for a wrecked vehicle and paying parts. 2017 dash won't fit correctly without modification. Although, A late 2013-14 model camry/corolla steering wheel fits straight on the steering wheel spline on the old 70 series if you're looking to modernize your interior.

Exterior panels will fit quite easily as mentioned by Rosco, but if you have the 1hz engine in there, you will need to source one from a 1hd-fte ute/troopy depending on what you have as the chassis is wider in the v8s to accommodate the engine.

Steering column/linkage and how it mounts to the firewall is very different from the early truck to the later one. Dash physically fits but all the bracing needs to be changed to fit the earlier cab. Shifter areas are different which may or may not be an issue. Some minor stuff like dead pedal and how the kick panels fit are a little different. Floor covering is way different on the 17 vs 95 with regards to shifter area. Windshield will be different for new dash. Newer AC fit with no problem on older cab. Haven't done an exterior retrofit yet personally but I know it won't be nearly as hard as the interior :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom