UPDATES: Center stack gone, nailed down the problem, electrical help please! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GRunner

SILVER Star
Threads
'03 LX, after a day of wheeling and mud swim and play at Hollister a couple issues:

1) my center stack is blank, security light blinks normally, rear air, defogger, htd mirror works normally. So no AC and radio, etc.

2) not sure if related, my arb locker and compressor don't engage, the switch still lights up normally.

Anything I can check? I went through all the side panels fuses and main fuse box all seems to be good. Both cigarette lighters are working fine.

I know on my earlier model 100 series, the headunit power goes through the stereo amplifier.

I'm not positive that it is the same on the 2003-2007 models with navigation, but is it possible that the stereo amplifier under the passenger seat got wet?

Thanks JLB!

So today I went ahead and start tracing down the locker and compressor issue to see where the problem would be and to see if that is related to the center stack "Multidisplay" going blank and inoperative. First, I tapped the compressor to the battery directly and voila the compressor and locker work again perfectly! Then I traced the ARB switch harness wires and found the red/orange IGN wire is actually wire tapped to one of the driver side harnesses by the locker installer. Assuming that is the problem area I cut the red/orange wire apart and hardwired that directly to the battery and the locker and compressor work again.

Then I proceed to the Multidisplay issue by cutting the wire tap open. I hardwired the connector end (A) to the battery and to my surprise that works! However when I tried to put another piece of wire to reconnect the harness (A to B) I wasn't getting any success.

Please see picture below:
Inked20201123_185054_LI.jpg

Could anyone please give me some ideas on how to proceed? I guess I can just keep hardwiring the connector end (A) and the ARB red/orange wires to the battery with a low voltage cutoff switch so I won't drain the battery. But I really want to get to the bottom of this and properly fix it.

Please help, thanks much!

Last edited:
bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom