Updated SLEE Rear Bumper for 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We've had a Slee rear on our personal rig for about ten years and it has been fantastic. I found a cool pic of my helper from the install. :princess:
10 & 11 2011 012.JPG

At the time our 80 was entirely kitted for extended trips. Complete with drawers, fridge, a significant chuck box, lots of water, spares, and a pile of recovery equipment. When we added the bumper, along with a second spare, it increased the weight enough to necessitate a change from 864s to 868s, downhill off camber was especially "unsprung" with the 864s. The pics below were with the 864s.
10 & 11 2011 017.JPG
Camping with Jebus, 01-02-12 002.JPG
Camping with Jebus, 01-02-12 027.JPG

The 868s were a huge improvement, even though the rig is no longer set up for expedition travel they still perform admirably, as does the bumper. :)
Resized952020083095154436.jpg

👍👍 for the Slee, it has treated us really well, thanks Christo!

Last edited:
Early Xmas/birthday(same day) present for me thanks to fj80oregon.:beer:
AFEECB3D-4252-4004-8A3F-386F54B60A67.jpeg

This is by far the best looking 80 series rear bumper IMHO. I can’t wait to get one for the LX too. Delta says they’re planning on adding rear quarter protection for their bumpers so might have to wait and see how those look.

Anybody know where to find the cover/trim on the rear part of flare where the stock flap used to mount? You can see it in the Slee pics if you zoom in. I thought there was a vendor here that sold them. It basically dresses/cleans up the flare after mudflap removal.

Early Xmas/birthday(same day) present for me thanks to fj80oregon.:beer:
View attachment 2495888
This is by far the best looking 80 series rear bumper IMHO. I can’t wait to get one for the LX too. Delta says they’re planning on adding rear quarter protection for their bumpers so might have to wait and see how those look.

Anybody know where to find the cover/trim on the rear part of flare where the stock flap used to mount? You can see it in the Slee pics if you zoom in. I thought there was a vendor here that sold them. It basically dresses/cleans up the flare after mudflap removal.

Looking dialed! Cheers!

What you see on our site is actually a read mud flap that is cut to yield the trim piece.

I have an old Slee rear bumper and I love it. Except for the fact that it comes unlatched when I drive to fast offroad.....

Adjust the latch. Mine hasn't popped open in close to 20 years.

Adjust the latch. Mine hasn't popped open in close to 20 years.
I already have a few times. It seems to fix it for awhile.... And then I drive to fast in the whoops and sand dunes at Sand Hollow.

Haha, I really think that I am just asking too much from the bumper.

Replace user and try again.

Is there anyway to limit the movement of the spare tire? The arm itself doesn't move but the mount is flexible enough to make the spare move around a bit.

Is there anyway to limit the movement of the spare tire? The arm itself doesn't move but the mount is flexible enough to make the spare move around a bit.

I think I understand, but some pics might make it clearer.

The tire should be preloaded against the swing arm “upright” approximately 3/16-1/4” when install properly the tire will be indented slightly by the “upright”.

Cheers!

I think I understand, but some pics might make it clearer.

The tire should be preloaded against the swing arm “upright” approximately 3/16-1/4” when install properly the tire will be indented slightly by the “upright”.

Cheers!
I wish I could understand what you're saying 😂. Should there be a slight angle to the tire? Mine is just straight up and down. So to explain this better, if I go and put my hands on both sides of the tire and pretend it's a steering wheel and move it like I'm turning left and right there's movement because the mount is a thinner piece of metal with no support. In the beginning i just thought it's probably designed this way, kind of like skyscrapers where they make them sway with the wind allowing them to be stronger. But it's just annoying to see the tire shake when I'm driving

I wish I could understand what you're saying 😂. Should there be a slight angle to the tire? Mine is just straight up and down. So to explain this better, if I go and put my hands on both sides of the tire and pretend it's a steering wheel and move it like I'm turning left and right there's movement because the mount is a thinner piece of metal with no support. In the beginning i just thought it's probably designed this way, kind of like skyscrapers where they make them sway with the wind allowing them to be stronger. But it's just annoying to see the tire shake when I'm driving
You can adjust the movement of the bracket with the three bolts I believe you loosen the bolts push the tire agains the upright than move the bracket in 1/4 inch and tighten. Then when you latch the swing arm it sucks the tire into the upright and it won’t move. This works for sure I did it. Refer to your morning instructions to make it more clear.

The tire should make very firm contact with this piece.
275ACB70-1FFE-4A3B-90BA-6E1C455386E9.jpeg

You can adjust the movement of the bracket with the three bolts I believe you loosen the bolts push the tire agains the upright than move the bracket in 1/4 inch and tighten. Then when you latch the swing arm it sucks the tire into the upright and it won’t move. This works for sure I did it. Refer to your morning instructions to make it more clear.
I'll check it out. There's no actual "loose" movement. Everything is tightened down correctly. It's just the metal "bending" ever so slightly but not in a way that would damage or warp it.

Edit: looks like I installed it wrong which could actually damage it lol. I'm amazed that it held up on my Colorado trip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom