Updated pics of rear bumper and roof rack additions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cc93cruiser

CRUZAHEAD
Threads
Thought I would post pics of my cruiser's new additions that I've installed in the last month or so..... Here are some pics of how the roof rack currently looks right now with all the lights, co2 bracket, & HI Lift Jack.... also there is pics of the newly installed back-up/ utility light located in the rear bumper along with my new pintle hook also in my Hanna bumper......Oh yeah, sorry for the size of the pics, although they are very detailed ;) ......

Here is the wiring my roof rack for my 4 IPF 868's:

aavgvn.jpg

aavn1e.jpg

aavosn.jpg

Here is a pic of the co2 bracket mounted on the rack:

aavpk0.jpg

Here is a pic of the HI lift mount and jack:

aavq83.jpg

Here is pic of the pintle hook used for towing:
aavrtj.jpg

Here is a couple of pics of the IPF utility/back-up light:
aavs68.jpg

Here is wiring for the light:

aavsw2.jpg

Robert,
Glad to see you getting more stuff done on the truck! Hopefully, we will be able to make it up there soon to get some wheeling in w/ you guys.

Steve

Mike, I choose to go with the co2 outside because I always take my little bugger when we go wheelin, just a safety precaution.

Steve, make some time to come up here, I work a lot too, that is no excuse ;) ...Hope too see you soon, hey did you ever go with lower gears or did you swap out tires to 33"s ???

im not that familier with CO2 but there doesnt seem to be any concern about heat? i mean even in the truck where temp can easliy get above 100 degrees no one worries about that? guess it doesnt matter?

mike

To tell you the truth I don't know :D ... When I got it filled up, they did not want to release the full tank to me if I didn't have it out the cruiser.. I don't know...... Althougth non-flammable, it is still a gas ....could be hazardous, I don't take any chances with the little chief :)

hey did you build your rack or buy it, if you built it where did you get the brackets/legs?

Robert,
I could not see the pic of the co2 bottle on the rack for some reason but make sure that the bottle can not go for a ride were you to get into an accident.
As to the waiver to release it into the compartment of the veh, that is more for the flammable gas issues but the once concern to have is that there is a blow off valve on the valve stem of most crompressed gas bottles, this is usually between 2800 and 4000 psi. if one of these fail it will scare the piss out of your little cheif and in a nice closed box like the cruiser some hearing damage is possible. Of course the chances of this happening is a little less than one in a million but that is the concern.
Dave

CO2 is also used as a fire extinguishing agent. It displaces the O2 in the air. Worse case scenary, having it go off in your cruiser--it can asphyxiate you. Not likely but but possible.

Last edited:
3pits said:
hey did you build your rack or buy it, if you built it where did you get the brackets/legs?

It is a Garvin roof rack. I bought it from a fellow cruiser head. The good thing about the racks is that they sell all the mounting hardware/brackets for numerous things....HI Lift, Axe/Shovel, Lights, spare tire etc....

who made this rack? I need those mounting brackets!!

Please let me know who made this rack. I could really use those mounting brackets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom