Updated: Incident in Shelby (Was Bristol Tix) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

elkaholic

Left turn ...freakin wipers!
SILVER Star
Threads
I have two really good seats for both Friday and Saturday night races this weekend. We were on or way to the track this afternoon and ran into a little issue and will not be able to use them. If there is anybody that can use them, they are yours free. I can meet in CLT tomorrow as we will not be done at the ER until probably 8PM then we have to get back home.

If interested, hit me with a PM

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD Forum

We've been better, but we are good. Jennifer is going to have a club on her left arm for a while

Thanks Al. We do appreciate it.

Long story short ... We were almost through Shelby when an asshat pulled out in front of us ... Blew through a red light and made a right turn in from of us as we were entering the intersection prompting a full on emergency stop on my part. All would have been fine except for the fact that Jennifer was at the fridge in the RV getting something. I had no time to warn her, so Newton's laws of motion won. This was at 1:45 on Thursday.

6 hours in the ER in the Shelby Carolina's Healthcare System Hospital and the prognosis is a very badly broken left arm just above the wrist (radius is FUBARd and the ulna is also fractured). They had to put her under to set it. The docs did not use the word shattered, but that come close. We'll be meeting with hand surgeons next week.

The tickets are available if anybody can use them.

Misspellings courtesy of autocorrect from my iPad using IH8MUD Forum

I hope she get better soon.

...via IH8MUD app

Sorry to hear that Sam. I hope Jennifer is better soon. I can't believe nobody has jumped on these tickets. Bristol tickets are hard to get...especially free! Wish I could take you up on them but I can't.

I'm sorry to hear about Jennifer's condition. If not for your quick reaction time, it sounds like it could have been even worse.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. We see the surgeon at 2 today. I am guessing we'll see surgery in the next 2 - 3 days. The Percocet Jennifer is taking is not even taking the edge off of things.

The claw this morning ....
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408719180.631181.jpg

Will provide updates.

Tix are still available if anyone wants them.

Man, so sorry to hear this. Triple whammy with the incident, injury, AND having to miss a Bristol race with tickets in hand. Here's to a quick recovery and hoping all goes well with surgery!

:beer: R

Sorry to hear Sam, best wishes to your wife. Speedy recovery!!

Orthopod at OC hand clinic tells us that the ER doc has set the fracture perfectly so if we can keep it stable, this is a better than even chance that surgery will not be needed. First piece of good news in over 24 hrs

Last edited:
Orthopod at OC hand clinic tells is that the ER doc has set the fracture perfectly so if we can keep it stable, this is a better than even chance that surgery will not be needed. First piece of good news in over 24 hrs

Glad to hear the good news about your wife and the possibility of no surgery, bummer on not getting to be at Bristol!

That is good news Sam, hope today brings rest for your wife.

Not the best of news ... after Friday, Jennifer will no longer breeze through security at the airport :doh:

Plate and screws going in on Friday. Sam to start looking for an armored dog house to live in ... my name is now mud and Jennifer hates mud :hillbilly:

Ah man! That sucks, but god speed on the surgery and here's to a quick heal! If the doghouse gets crowded, you can always come stay with me for a few days and I'd be happy to throw some heat under a few of your Elk steaks! :)

:beer: R

Well, for a while at least, the doghouse will be in CO since I am heading out next weekend to see if I can reload the freezer with those tasty steaks ...

That's a bummer, but at least she'll be alright.

Now that Jennifer is more or less squared away, how did your RV fair this whole ordeal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom