UPDATED: Holiday Xmas Party - High Desert Cruisers - Sunday December 15th, 2019 4 pm (1 Viewer)

Attendance Poll for Xmas Party

• Yes - will be attending

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Maybe - I will let you know

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No - I will not be attending

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cross posting on the FB site. What's the difference between Secret Santa and White Elephant for the gift exchange?

Good question Marc. According to the Google.....

"The way Secret Santa works is, a random person chooses somebody else's name out of a hat. In the end everyone ends up with a name and you go out and buy that person a gift. A White Elephant gift exchange; however involves each person bringing a wrapped gift and placing it into a big group of gifts."

I changed the gift descriptive within the launch message to "White Elephant", which I believe is the traditional event we have enjoyed during past years. Thank you for pointing this out.

After getting input from the club's Elders, we have decided to go with Joe's Pasta House this year. I am placing an order to cover 30 to 35 people with salad, main course and dessert. I hope that we will have leftovers for all to take some with, assuming we have pot luck contributions as well.

Here is the menu:
  • Salad with bread
  • Sausage & Beef Lasagna
  • Southwest Chicken Alfredo
  • Pasta with Tomato Sauce
  • Meatballs Marinara
  • Tiramisu
That is all for now.

We are planning on being there. Will be me and the wife and 2, maybe 3 kids.

I don't have any idea what to cook to go with pasta (I am a lot better at barbeque), so I will bring booze. I will get a couple bottles of that yucky fermented grape juice to go with the food, and bring some homemade stuff for desert.

Larry - sounds delicious! Thanks again to you and Liz for hosting.

I had already mentioned that I would be there and Ellen is planning to join me as well. Looking forward to it!

Planning to be there with 4 of us.

Mary and I will be there, looking forward to it.

I will be attending and Emily my wife. Kids are kind of negligible when it comes to eating...

I’ll be there. Little miss Scout has other plans

Updated on Dec 4th, 2019

***Christmas Party Info***

When: Sunday, December 15th, 4-8pm

Where: Poupon's Place in Corrales NM - will post address when we get closer

Host: @Poupon (Larry & Liz)

We will be having Rudy's BBQ Joe's Pasta House for dinner, so come with empty stomachs, but please RSVP so that we can have a somewhat accurate head count. Beyond that it'll also be a potluck, so if you want yummy sides and/or desserts feel free to cook/bake/buy and bring them with.

There will also be a White Elephant gift exchange. If you'd like to participate, the gift budget will be between $10-$20. I hope you all can make it!

Liz & Larry
Claudia and I will be joining.🥳🥳🥳

Crap. This is today. For some reason I thought it was next weekend.

Crap. This is today. For some reason I thought it was next weekend.
I've heard this is a problem for retired old guys.

I’m gifting everyone that is going , my absence. Woke up today, and I am notfeeling very well, and wouldn’t want to pass it along to anyone. Catch you all next time.
This is a very kind gift. Thank you and we will miss you.

Oh man, I missed Slims gift...

Holly is sick and we are unable to make it. Have fun everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom