COMPLETE: Grom VLine VL2 Group Buy Round 4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@plars ive been looking at a tesla-style update, but its looking like more of a pain in the ass than its worth. is this unit basically updating the factory unit with a separate brain to provide control? i am a little confused on how this set up works. it looks like it would keep everything stock, just update the functionality, yes? looks like a killer deal!
My understanding is that it hijacks the USB input so it's just another 'source' everything else is intact. There are some obvious/not-obvious pieces of that, that you can't use satellite radio with it at the same time as they're separate sources, but anything within the android OS should work simultaneous...e.g. you could use SiriusXM App with Google Maps

My understanding is that it hijacks the USB input so it's just another 'source' everything else is intact. There are some obvious/not-obvious pieces of that, that you can't use satellite radio with it at the same time as they're separate sources, but anything within the android OS should work simultaneous...e.g. you could use SiriusXM App with Google Maps

Right. It's kind of like adding a tablet that supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay to your car, but it uses the vehicle's built in touch screen instead of it's own. For vehicle's like mine that don't support Bluetooth audio streaming, the VLine adds that as well. And on top of all that, you retain all factory functionality.

@plars ive been looking at a tesla-style update, but its looking like more of a pain in the ass than its worth. is this unit basically updating the factory unit with a separate brain to provide control? i am a little confused on how this set up works. it looks like it would keep everything stock, just update the functionality, yes? looks like a killer deal!

I have one of those tesla-style ones in our 470 and don’t even bother with it. It’s not worth it, especially taking in to consideration the ****ing glare. The factory screen never has glare which is why I’m doing the grom unit in our 460 and not that big ass shiny tesla-style screen.

ACC03378-FC9D-4E22-B5AA-A3DA6C427F6C.jpeg

@MrTorgue, aside from the glare, how do you like the unit? I’ve seen mixed reviews on performance and software issues. Seems like some people love it, others are frustrated.

@MrTorgue, aside from the glare, how do you like the unit? I’ve seen mixed reviews on performance and software issues. Seems like some people love it, others are frustrated.
Not sure on the 460 side, but on the LX570/LC side a lot of the issues were with the integrated HVAC controls and cameras...people got it all working eventually, but I didn't get the sense it was a turn-key plug and play operation.

I have one of those tesla-style ones in our 470 and don’t even bother with it. It’s not worth it, especially taking in to consideration the f***ing glare. The factory screen never has glare which is why I’m doing the grom unit in our 460 and not that big ass shiny tesla-style screen.

View attachment 2466004
Oof that glare is rough!

Here’s one of my posts about it. Glare aside I’m only partially happy with it, but I wish I hadn’t bought it to be honest.

Hey everyone. We've got 10 of the required 16 necessary to get the discount. If you would all please share this with any other groups that you may be a member of that could benefit from this group buy, I think we can hit 16 easily. I've shared it with the 200 series group here and on Facebook. And I've shared it with the GXOR group on Facebook.

We just need 6 more people to get to the discount threshold so PLEASE SHARE! :)

Hello everyone! Good news! The group buy is on! Please the the first post in this thread for details around placing your order.

Hello everyone! Good news! The group buy is on! Please the the first post in this thread for details around placing your order.

Ordered!

Remember to place your order by 11:59pm CDT TODAY if you'd like to be included in this group order. The group order ends tonight CDT.

I'm interested! Add me to the list.

EDIT: Well s***.

Thanks for the interest everyone!! Based on the handful of responses, I reached out to Grom to initiate a new group buy.

The format of the group buy is a bit different than the previous group buys I've seen, but is fantastic discount if we can get up to the minimum number in the group for the discount. With the new format, there are no pricing tiers. Instead it's a single discount if we can hit critical mass. Here are the details from Grom:

FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA!

1. Everyone will order on their own and use the special group code
2. The units will ship directly to everyone in the group
3. Yes there is 30 days money back guarantee from the day the order arrives to the customer

First round thread
Second round thread
Third round thread

TO GET INTO THE GROUP BUY, DM ME THE FOLLOWING DETAILS:

- How many units you want
- Your vehicles model and year
- Your email address
- The name for the order
- Also subscribe to the thread for additional updates.

Reminder, these are for cars WITH NAV ONLY.

So we need at least 16 people to get the discount. So far, we have the following:
1. @plars 2009 LX570
2. @nolamule
3. @Tquiroz
4. @DenverFJ40
5. @MrTorgue 2010 GX460
6. @FreddyAcevedo 2011 LX570
7. @JacobRay 2011 LC
8. @ATwoZ 2010 LX570

Maybes:
@smeagol

There has also been some interest from the GXOR Facebook group. I'll direct those people here.

If we can all share this with the other communities/groups we're members of, I'm certain we can easily get the minimum 16 participants.
@QuadRAGIN 2005 GX470

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom