Events/Trails UPDATED - Club Meeting - Cowboy Breakfast at Rock Bowl Beach Camp - Saturday September 18th - 9 AM (1 Viewer)

Attendance Poll for Cowboy Breakfast Event

• Yes - I will be attending

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yes - I will be attending and camping the night before

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Maybe - will let you know

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No - but maybe next time

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doesn't look like I'm going to make it tonight. Thought I had a bad wheel sensor but when I went in to fix it turns out my passenger wheel bearing is shot. Not safe to drive on so I won't be able to make it.
Sorry you could not makr it. Good luck on your repair.

Doesn't look like I'm going to make it tonight. Thought I had a bad wheel sensor but when I went in to fix it turns out my passenger wheel bearing is shot. Not safe to drive on so I won't be able to make it.
Sorry we didn't get to see you this time Juan. We had a great time. Hope you can make the next one!

A great time and awesome food were had. Thank you Larry, Frank and Jeff for organizing.

I took one video of Isabelle and Grant climbing a steep and loose climb!

We love hosting this breakfast. Glad all could make it.

Ash, you are right, Isabelle made that look too easy!

Reactions: JLH
For some interesting reading concerning the history of railroads in the Jemez Mountains. Google: Jemez Mountains Railroads, Santa Fe Northwestern Railway.
NPS history
Interesting history of where some of the forest roads came to be and great pictures, too. Amazing constructions and logging camps. Porter Landing is just a bridge over a stream on FR 376 now, but was a small town with a railroad going through it during the logging days.

I found it interesting reading.

Hey Justin, if you’re serious about going up on Saturday I would consider coming up if you were willing to caravan with me to the campsite on Saturday when you go. I’m afraid I will get lost trying to find the place on my own. If you think you can handle me tagging along text me at 5 0 5 235 0274. Thanks, Stephen
Just saw this Stephen! Sorry! I will try and check more frequently in the future if the same situation comes up I am 100% down to team up!

Pictures
DSCF3749.JPG
DSCF3759.JPG
DSCF3761.JPG
DSCF3765.JPG
DSCF3768.JPG

More pictures
DSCF3769.JPG
DSCF3772.JPG
DSCF3774.JPG
DSCF3777.JPG
DSCF3780.JPG