Updated Bluetooth Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great, thanks JLB, I’m sold. Install pretty straightforward? I’ve swapped out DIN units before, upgrading from stock, so not afraid of tearing apart the dash, but would love to avoid pouring over wiring diagrams a’la the Nav Delete.

Great, thanks JLB, I’m sold. Install pretty straightforward? I’ve swapped out DIN units before, upgrading from stock, so not afraid of tearing apart the dash, but would love to avoid pouring over wiring diagrams a’la the Nav Delete.

Overall the install isn't too bad. The install of the main unit (and USB cable) is about the same as any other "Bluetooth add-on box". To do the full install, you also need to run microphone and GPS cables, no big deal, and you'd have to do the same for a modern double DIN install. The last part you get to deal with Internet access, my solution was to use a ZTE Mobley (WiFi hotspot) plugged into the OBD2 port.

Apologies if I missed this.

I plan on getting the USA Spec bt45-toy for 02 LC with factory nav.

If I plan for this take the CD changer slot. Do I need an empty cd magazine in my changer? Because I have none now.
Thanks!

Apologies if I missed this.

I plan on getting the USA Spec bt45-toy for 02 LC with factory nav.

If I plan for this take the CD changer slot. Do I need an empty cd magazine in my changer? Because I have none now.
Thanks!
It doesn't matter whether the magazine is present or not. Just set the jumpers as an MD changer so it's easier to know which source you're on.

Hey, sorry if it's bad form to randomly revive an old thread, but with the '04 system increasingly showing its age I thought I'd mention how glad I am that I went for the BT145 about a month ago. Not only does it work great (bluetooth calls are a little clunky but I think that might be me), it was also really cost effective compared to any alternatives. I opted to drill a hole in the center panel next to the AHC control to accommodate the optional additional aux/usb port- looks like it was always there and I feel like it put a lot more time on the clock until an eventual nav delete.

As a bonus, the radio and climate system had been randomly turning off, and hasn't had those issues since I had this put in-- perhaps that's because the guys at the shop also removed a previous owner's XM radio and sure everything was snug when they put it back together.

It doesn't matter whether the magazine is present or not. Just set the jumpers as an MD changer so it's easier to know which source you're on.
Hi, asking a question from the year 2020, I just bout a 2003 LC with Nav that came with the BT45-TOY installed. Thing is, it's not working. The previous owner didn't really now what the problem was so I need to figure it out.

My phone pairs to it, but nothing is playing. On the nav screen it shows discs 4 and 5 illuminated and when I switch between the two, I see the track timer moving, but no sound. And sometimes I get sound but it is distorted. The CD changer doesn't work, FYI.

Any ideas what this could be? I haven't taken the dash apart yet to see how it's connected. That will be my next step if I don't get any clues here.

Another BT45 issue. I had one in my 06 LX for two weeks before pulling it out. For some reason, it had continuous power, even when the stereo was off, bluetooth on my phone off, key out of the ignition, doors locked with remote. Hours after parking in the garage the BT45 would show as a device that could be paired. Killed my battery several times overnight. Anyone else have this issue? USA Spec tech support was stumped, as am I. I connected it via the SAT radio input rather than the CD changer...

Hi, asking a question from the year 2020, I just bout a 2003 LC with Nav that came with the BT45-TOY installed. Thing is, it's not working. The previous owner didn't really now what the problem was so I need to figure it out.

My phone pairs to it, but nothing is playing. On the nav screen it shows discs 4 and 5 illuminated and when I switch between the two, I see the track timer moving, but no sound. And sometimes I get sound but it is distorted. The CD changer doesn't work, FYI.

Any ideas what this could be? I haven't taken the dash apart yet to see how it's connected. That will be my next step if I don't get any clues here.

for the first time recently, mine stopped working. (i had been switching between the radio a bunch on a trip). i restarted the car and hit mode on the steering wheel till it came through again.
mine says "SAT 1" when it's working for me.

Just a quick note about the GROM BT3. 2001 LX, I was using the Pioneer made ML 6 disc in dash head unit and it was impossible for my head unit to recognize it regardless of jumper settings, initialization steps, etc. Had to return it for a refund.

Anybody else with the BT-45 have a high-pitch hum that gets louder as you accelerate? I installed it today and although i can make phone calls and play music, the noise is too loud for it to truly be considered functional. I’ve never done more on a car than change a tire prior to this, but I must have done enough correctly... 2002 LC. I used the CAS-TLC cable the website said was required. Is it a defective unit or a bad installation?

Thank you! Now the whole cd changer is just reading error. I’m about to give up and return it if I don’t figure that out.
Ok so I took it to a car audio shop to explore options and they messed with it and said it’s defective. I’m returning it with free shipping to Crutchfield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom