Parting Out UPDATED '84 FJ60 Parts Vehicle - Body and Rolling Chassis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The frame needs to have the rear C-channels replaced. TrailTailor in northern California sells replacements sections, bolt-in IIRC. Other than that the frame is solid. I just towed the vehicle to New Mexico from Las Vegas, NV, so went in the opposite direction. I'll be driving back out there in a few weeks, if I can find someone locally who wants the body I might be able to tow the frame with axles and springs at least back that far, don't know if that gets us anywhere though. It's still a long ways from Las Vegas to Oakland.

Hi! Yeah, I reached out to Jason from TrailTailor a few weeks ago hoping that replacing the C-channels would fix my issue, but since the rust on my truck is forward of the C-Channel section, based on the photos that I sent him, he told me to look for a donor frame. So I'm okay with the C-channels needing replacement. I would be willing to drive to Las Vegas to pick up the frame, I would just need to find a vehicle and towing apparatus, I suppose. Can you let me know how much you would charge for the frame? Thank you!

I could definitely tow the frame back, just need to find someone wanting the body. Let's keep in touch.

I could definitely tow the frame back, just need to find someone wanting the body. Let's keep in touch.

If nobody is in a hurry between you @bj60inoaktown and @orangefj45 I may be able to help out. By not in a hurry I mean 4 to 6 months of planning and saving up $$'s on my end. I had been discussing with Georg getting my new 62 up to him to figure a few things out. Looks like earlier in the thread he was interested in axles off of this. I could potentially tow it up to his place and then the frame would be within a short distance of Oakland.

A fair number of moving parts to that plan but figured I would offer in case it would help everyone out.

If nobody is in a hurry between you @bj60inoaktown and @orangefj45 I may be able to help out. By not in a hurry I mean 4 to 6 months of planning and saving up $$'s on my end. I had been discussing with Georg getting my new 62 up to him to figure a few things out. Looks like earlier in the thread he was interested in axles off of this. I could potentially tow it up to his place and then the frame would be within a short distance of Oakland.

A fair number of moving parts to that plan but figured I would offer in case it would help everyone out.

Thank you @erse ! I think a few months would be okay for me, so if we can align the moving parts, I'm up for it!! Thanks again, Sara

That sounds like a plan, I'm very flexible timewise. We go out to our place in Indian Springs pretty often, mostly we drive the '09 crew cab Silverado. I can tow it out in a few weeks or on a later trip.

That sounds like a plan, I'm very flexible timewise. We go out to our place in Indian Springs pretty often, mostly we drive the '09 crew cab Silverado. I can tow it out in a few weeks or on a later trip.
Keep me updated if you all work out a deal for the various parts. I will keep you guys up to date on my plans/schedule for getting up there.

UPDATE:

Looks like things may be moving on the frame, axles, and body parts, except for the body shell itself. Any interest in the body shell? Rust is repairable in eight spots, I just don't have the time (and haven't developed the skills - yet) to fix the rust myself. I could deliver it to north-central New Mexico, southern Colorado, northern Arizona, or southern Nevada between now and the middle of April.

Keep me updated if you all work out a deal for the various parts. I will keep you guys up to date on my plans/schedule for getting up there.

UPDATE:

I tentatively found a new home for the body shell, so I should be able to deliver the rolling chassis (frame, axles and springs, and steering gearbox) to the Las Vegas area in mid-April. PMs coming to @bj60inoaktown and @erse to work out some details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom