UPDATED 02/19/2024!!! Huracan Fabrication Tailgate Storage Group Buy starts 02/19/24 and ends 03/04/2024!!! (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good evening to all. I ordered a 80 series kit about 6 months ago and finally installed it about three months ago. Some small issues I have found since install. When you stand on it...as I'm 6'1", 240...it bows in the center and I have to be careful on the ends as I bent one end a bit already. As for hardware not having any rust issues but I live in Socal. Here was a video my wife put together about the cover.

Good evening to all. I ordered a 80 series kit about 6 months ago and finally installed it about three months ago. Some small issues I have found since install. When you stand on it...as I'm 6'1", 240...it bows in the center and I have to be careful on the ends as I bent one end a bit already. As for hardware not having any rust issues but I live in Socal. Here was a video my wife put together about the cover.

So you're saying 6'8 and 280lbs will probably cave it in? LOL.

Can you even get under the rear hatch at that height??? Not sure on cave it in but will flex for sure.

I'm hoping that rusting out hardware issue has been resolved as well as the broken latches. I too would be interested in user review from the last group buy.
[/QUOTE
Mine are doing great. Very satisfied. N
I'm hoping that rusting out hardware issue has been resolved as well as the broken latches. I too would be interested in user review from the last group buy.
Very satisfied. No rust, latches work as design. Only downside is with big reverse light housing. They take up precious real estate. But still can fit q rifle, ammo, first aid kit wate

Any more reviews from people that have owned these for more than a few months?

When I had my 100 I had one in it for almost 2 years and I had no issues. You could always get stainless bolts if you wanted if you had an issue, but I never did.

Just ordered one with Marine carpet

Ordered as well - thanks for the update and savings!!

UPDATED 10/27/20.....another group buy! Please read this entire first post!!

What?
Group Buy for Huracan Fabrication Tailgate Storage for 60, 80, and 100 series

When? Starts now and Group Buy ends Sunday November 8, 2020.

Price? 25% Discount!!!, the link below should put the discount of 25% on the order once you click 'Checkout'. If it does not, the code is USA25.
Normal pricing is $345-395....then take 25% off of that.....with free shipping during this group buy!!

How do you order?
Per Huracan:
"
We've finally gotten manufacturing all smoothed out in the USA
1f642.png
:) We have stock in Texas and ready to ship within a few business days of ordering! This means no long waits before orders start shiping as a batch.

We are going to go big this time with the discount, 25% off but its limited, so act fast!

We have a new USA specific website that has only the relevant products and is better suited to accept USD so customers dont get any exchange fees.

Customers can use the link below and it should automatically apply the discount at the checkout screen. If it doesnt, they can manually enter in the code 'USA25'

https://hfabusa.com/discount/USA25

The buy is also open to those in Canada however they will not benefit from the same free shipping as the USA. There is an additional $30 charge for shipping to Canada.
"

Details:
Laser cut steel, locks, sound deadener included. Can be black or have marine carpet on it (extra charge for the carpet). All series have 2 latches.

They will ship directly to the buyer from Texas.

These things are legit!!! I don’t think I am leaving anything out, but if you have questions or need clarification please let me know.

This thread was also used for the 2nd Group Buy.

Here is their FB page:

With that in mind, Know that I am not affiliated with this company and I am only giving the information which they have given to me. I am just a messenger for Huracan. They were so pleased how the first group, 2nd and 3rd group buys worked so they reached back out to ask if I would do it again. I just want to help the MUD community for all of the info I have found and the times I have been helped, etc.

I encourage you to do your own research on products and vendors and I am not responsible for order issues, shipping delays, etc. Those issues would need to be communicated directly with the vendor, although they have been extremely responsive to any correspondence with the previous group buy and also setting this one up. Customer service has been outstanding IMO.
When I go to their website, I can't order one for a 60 series as they are listed as sold out. Does the group buy have a limitation on how many orders for a specific model can be placed?

Cheers, James

When I go to their website, I can't order one for a 60 series as they are listed as sold out. Does the group buy have a limitation on how many orders for a specific model can be placed?

Cheers, James

I will message them and let you know when they respond.

I did mine about 2 years ago, no rust, but also in San Diego. Both of latches broke but were promptly replaced for free. Now holding for about 6 months. I also have a bent tailgate now and the seam at the top of the tailgate popped open. So I will need to spot weld it back for strength. I must point out I am 6'6" 250 Lbs so that is a factor. I used to load the roof rack from the tail gate with the hatch closed but I no longer stand on the middle and carefully sit on the tailgate now. I occasionally have to bend the top back with some force to straighten the tailgate. Need to consider some reinforcing. I would also add that I had to replace 3 of the pop rivets at the hinge, they were loose after a couple of trips causing rattling, simple fix if you have a hand pop riveter. Still like the product and a good price, but could use a couple refinements.

Last edited:
1 day in and over half the codes have been used, so it will very likely not make it until November 8 before the limit is reached.

Last edited:
I ordered the 100 series version right when Sleepy opened it up.

last night I got my UPS tracking number so they indeed should be out quickly.

Thanks again Sleepy for putting this all together, especially since I know what you drive now! Lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom