Gauging interest: Group Buy 60 series mirror adapters (1 Viewer)

Are you interested in having a viable option for mirror choices if the price is fair?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are there going to be multiple mirror options? For me, those two mirrors in the pics are way too big and dont look right at all on a 60. The bases are mint though. If there were different attachment mirrors to choose from to attach to the ball that would be great. Not everyone wants giant mirrors

@regretful @TLC Norway @dbbowen and everyone else on this thread:

@regretful - yes, NOLA = New Orleans, La.; actually live about 35 miles N of NOLA. Ida decimated us and our local river community. Took me almost 8 hours to cut 100ft and make it out our driveway, only to find the main road nth times worse. Just got power/water a week ago, internet a few days ago. Waiting on a structural engineer to determine if the house is repairable or a teardown. Had to get a robot tree removal crane to clear a 80+ year old water oak off of the main house, which despite the associated costs, was an incredible sight to see. Shot 7 snakes in the first 48hrs while trying to clear a path to the house, had a 70ft+ tree miss me by +/- 30 meters while on a paddle board with a chainsaw (read: **** Me Sideways).

Having been through this previously, I think we were better prepared. Lost some tools & related equipment, a generator, landscape lighting equipment, a bicycle, bunch of car parts and a trailer (recovered the trailer but pretty banged up). Bought & used the trailer specifically for this purpose. Worked well except for the last run when a tree fell in front of me, tried to turn it around but the ground was saturated already, got it stuck and had to literally leave it +/- 25 meters from the friggin river. Last load didn't have tie downs attached to the trailer and only Waldo knows where the load went. Found the trailer in a gulley, upside down, took a week to get the debris off of it and winched back up to the road. Didn't have generator power for a week, lived like cave dwellers, ate off of a coleman stove, drank radiator coffee, and bathed in the river daily for almost 2 weeks. Crazy and somewhat surreal. And I'm still "seeing" snakes when I walk through the remaining debris - so far, killed about 5 branches that looked like a snake but no additional snakes, lol.

Back to work last week and should be finished getting caught up with what we can do over the next two weeks. I'll start making headway on the mirror adapters this week/weekend. I know they are ready for the initial production to test fitment and the whatnot. Two things to accomplish over the next week or two: 1. Get pricing narrowed down by sets of 10 and 2. Thinking maybe 5-10 sets for pre-production testing; not really sure if that's realistic or the best route; if only one set is the end result for testing, will send to Jason @TRAIL TAILOR for testing/recommendations since he has multiple 60's available in his area/via his customers.

@dbbowen: There are multiple mirror sizes available, including smaller. Google image search Defender 90 mirrors in multiple wordings and see if you find something that fits what you're looking for on your 60.

Appreciate the patience. . .

Shane

My wife has relatives in Mandeville and the Quarter and from their stories I knew that Ida was a beast. Glad you came out of it uninjured and un-bit. I do not like snakes. At least rattlers make noise, but the others just scare the bejeezus out of me. Take your time on the project if you need to. You've got more important stuff to deal with. I'm in for a set of the adapters, (if they aren't as expensive as 2 sheets of plywood... well maybe I might).

Take care a be safe.

CAD file is ready! Prototypes here we come. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom