Update on Cygnus build and help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So today finally got the running boards off. Bloody pain in the rust!

Continuing by removing ahc bits. Saw some discussion once before about he bolts that are between the chassis and the body. Can I lift the body like 2 inches without much hassle to get the bolts and nuts off?

Also purchased a private plate V8 CYG

Car feels so much more reliable without ahc. Don't have it in the head this thing might just fail on me. I installed pedders its sitting quite high but I.guess that's OK. Attaching some pics

P_20170705_184038_1_p.jpg

P_20170705_184028_1_p.jpg

P_20170705_211504_1_p.jpg

P_20170621_161644_1_p.jpg

You can lift the body but it's a fair bit of work because you'll need to loosen the body mount bolts on the side opposite to the one you want to raise and undo them completely on the side you'll raise and no doubt some of those will be quite rusty and resistant to being undone.

OK thanks. Gonna try remove the other pipes etc see if I get room to get to the top bolts. Got one of them out but more worried about the accumulator. And how can I undo the pipes as they completely rusted jammed. Sprayed em a few days won't budge. Don't wanna break em off at the thread as really wanna recover some of the costs by selling the bits off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom