***UPDATE***Hawk Pride Work Weekend March 5 - 8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bang Bang

Age is a state of mind.
Threads
Website
www.lalandkrewesers.com
Krewe,

I am putting together a work weekend with Mark out at HP. I am still working out the details but wanted to get the dates out there to see what you all thought and who could make it. Mark is open to other dates so we just are throwing this one out there. This is about 6 weeks after SCC so I thought that would be a long enough period between events. Kathryn has volunteered to make trail signs so I know we will be hanging some of those. Mark is sending me a list of trails and the type of signs he would like. At this point I am not exactly sure what he wants to accomplish but as I get more details I will update the thread. Right now I am looking to travel up there on Thur 11/13 to be there mid-day to early afternoon. We can work Thur and Fri and maybe get some wheeling in on Fri late and Sat depending on how much we get done on Thur and Fri. If the 13 - 16 don't work for you post up what weekend will and whichever weekend has the most people volunteer is when we'll do it. Keep in mind, there is an event at the park on Halloween weekend and the weekend of 11/8. I am trying not to get too deep into Nov so we hopefully don't have to worry about snow and the frigid cold that we have experienced in the past. :eek:

So, who is in?

You can put me on the maybe list. We have some big projects at work that are fixing to take place, so I don't know if I can get away or not.

Krewe,

I am putting together a work weekend with Mark out at HP. I am still working out the details but wanted to get the dates out there to see what you all thought and who could make it. Mark is open to other dates so we just are throwing this one out there. This is about 6 weeks after SCC so I thought that would be a long enough period between events. Kathryn has volunteered to make trail signs so I know we will be hanging some of those. Mark is sending me a list of trails and the type of signs he would like. At this point I am not exactly sure what he wants to accomplish but as I get more details I will update the thread. Right now I am looking to travel up there on Thur 11/13 to be there mid-day to early afternoon. We can work Thur and Fri and maybe get some wheeling in on Fri late and Sat depending on how much we get done on Thur and Fri. If the 13 - 16 don't work for you post up what weekend will and whichever weekend has the most people volunteer is when we'll do it. Keep in mind, there is an event at the park on Halloween weekend and the weekend of 11/8. I am trying not to get too deep into Nov so we hopefully don't have to worry about snow and the frigid cold that we have experienced in the past. :eek:

So, who is in?

I can make it; I would like to practice tow the 40 and this is an opportunity. I also posted a response on FB for your event.

For those of you who don't do FB.........

I spoke to Mark yesterday. This is still going to happen. He gave me a list of signs that he would like put up and said for us to "cajun them up" with our logo on them. He also wants to cut a new trail and name it Bourbon Street. LOL And to top it off, Mark said that it will be a free weekend for us. No wheeling or camping fees. That's a park owner who values a wheelers' time to make a trip and help out. Unfortunately the lodge is not complete yet due to some delays but he assures me it will be complete by April for MK15.

I have put it on my "calendar"; should I bring a post-hole digger or just crayons and other mark-up items...Also, my shoulder is better and I am off the "injured reserve" list but still light duty only...OK?

Any help is help........as long as you don't sit in your rig while we do recovery (or work) and drink a butt load of wine......... :eek:

And I will update soon with what we all need to bring.

Any help is help........as long as you don't sit in your rig while we do recovery (or work) and drink a butt load of wine......... :eek:

And I will update soon with what we all need to bring.

Hopefully, we won't get early snow and freezing, so no wine. I tend to get carried away with physical labor, forgetting my weak(ened) condition; count on me to do my share, but what about equipment?

Well, unfortunately I am going to have to cancel this. I have something that has come up and I don't have the signs made yet. We will look to combine our pre-Krawl run and a work weekend in March.

Hey folks.....

This is only 90 miles from our group here in Huntsville. Could you use an extra hand or two? I for one would like to help and maybe between now and March I could recruit a few others.

Holler at me when ya'll come over. I'll see if i can get up there as well.
Do ya'll dates for the event yet? Couldn't find a thread.

Holler at me when ya'll come over. I'll see if i can get up there as well.
Do ya'll dates for the event yet? Couldn't find a thread.

Thanks for the offer Eric. April 9-12, 2015 for MK15. We should be working out some dates in late Feb / early March for the work weekend. Will post them up as soon as we get that worked out.

As of right now, I'm planning on making this. It's not quite 100% yet, but as we get closer to the dates, I'll know for sure. I not planning on bringing my truck but I will be bringing my rhino and a chain saw. I will also bring the majority of my tools that I keep in the tacoma.

Bumping this up as we are only 4 weeks away from this. Anyone / everyone is welcome to come. We will be hanging trail signs, cleaning up trails and hopefully cutting in a new trail. Bring chain saws, pole pruners, etc.....anything that can help with cleaning up / clearing a trail and possibly cutting a new trail. I would kind of like to know how many we will have as Mark has offered up one cabin for sure and if you want to tent camp in the primitive area or on the rv pads there would be no charge for that either. He also said that if the other cabin is not reserved we can use it as well.

Post up if you are definitely planning to be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom