UPDATE Ham radio class & test (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Jakes40

Sorry guys, but I won't be able to make the testing session tomorrow. The dreaded cold/flu season has struck home.

Please keep me on the list if there's another testing session.

Sorry to hear, hope everyone feels better soon.
You are on the list. I'm sure we will do it again sometime soon.

Sorry to hear, hope everyone feels better soon.
You are on the list. I'm sure we will do it again sometime soon.
Looking forward to it. My wife and I are staying close to home ... for now. Just glad it's not the flu.

Doug

If someone can make a copy of the practice tests and radio bands at the library I will pay you back. My printer ran out of ink.

Add me to the list of 'not going to be able to make it'. Literally haven't had any free time to study with all the stuff I got going on. Changing that in 2018 because I really want to do things like the ham radio class. I'll make it for the next exam.

Thanks to Ed and supporting crew for putting this together! I truly appreciate the time and effort.

Now we need to set up a time to figure out what units are good to purchase, get some hands on radio time, etc. I'd love to learn more on this subject and I'll bring the snacks and beer. :cheers:

I think everyone passed!
Even Jeff passed and he slept for an hour and a half when Ed was going over practice test questions.

I think everyone passed!
Even Jeff passed and he slept for an hour and a half when Ed was going over practice test questions.
Congrats to all the new Hamateurs!

73s y'all. DE KD4VNL AR

It wasn’t sleeping. Deep meditation was a technique I perfected in college to improve information absorption. I did have the lowest class rank today, squeaking by with 26 correct out of 35. Passed without any margin to spare. BART got a perfect 35/35. Then again you know what they call the lowest ranking graduate of medical school? Doctor.

Thx Ed, John and everyone who helped put the day together.

It wasn’t sleeping. Deep meditation was a technique I perfected in college to improve information absorption. I did have the lowest class rank today, squeaking by with 26 correct out of 35. Passed without any margin to spare. BART got a perfect 35/35. Then again you know what they call the lowest ranking graduate of medical school? Doctor.

Calling Doctor Strite....................

Yes, thank you for all the efforts to make yesterday happen.

@Ed: Would you consider putting together an information session covering HAM radio usage for off-roaders/overlanders?
Covering topics from equipment to best practices.

Yes, thank you for all the efforts to make yesterday happen.

@Ed: Would you consider putting together an information session covering HAM radio usage for off-roaders/overlanders?
Covering topics from equipment to best practices.

Absolutely! Let’s do it.
We can also cover the tips and tricks related to the installation of mobile radios. Some of the club members have expressed an interest in this.
Sounds like a future tech day to me.

Absolutely! Let’s do it.
We can also cover the tips and tricks related to the installation of mobile radios. Some of the club members have expressed an interest in this.
Sounds like a future tech day to me.

My thoughts exactly. I'll wait for that tech day before jumping at an impulse to purchase equipment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom