Update for azTony (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
Finished the die, it even fit the bender. Didn't have any floor anchors or a hammer drill, so bolted on some scrap and parked the truck on it.:hillbilly:
die.jpg
bender.jpg

Made a test bend, not the best, but not bad for the first attempt. Need to test a few other setups. The radius looks good for the tire carrier?
bent_1.jpg
bent_2.jpg
bent_3.jpg

Wow!:eek: After tripping over that thing for five years, you suddenly decide it's useful?:hillbilly::whoops:

Looks great Kevin!! What is that inside radius for the bend? I think that would be perfect for all the bends. How much material was lost in the bend so I can calculate the lengths before bend when I detail the pieces. I am working on the details today. Progress is good!! :cool:

Looks great Kevin!! What is that inside radius for the bend? I think that would be perfect for all the bends. How much material was lost in the bend so I can calculate the lengths before bend when I detail the pieces. I am working on the details today. Progress is good!! :cool:

The OD of the inner part of the die is ~2.75", would guess that is close to bend inside? It was getting late, so didn't measure anything, will have to do some more bends to get numbers.

I will bring a sceptor with me this week when my bumper arrives at your place to check out how they fit.

Looks good, probably too good for AZTony:flipoff2:

What does the front of the strap hook to?

A piece of metal strap, bent to the curve of the tire, has loops on each end. Works great, roll the tire in from the back and cinch it down with the ratchet strap.
Tire_carrier_4.jpg

A piece of metal strap, bent to the curve of the tire, has loops on each end. Works great, roll the tire in from the back and cinch it down with the ratchet strap.

Could not tell it was a metal strap in the 1st picture. Should work well:clap:

Somebody's gonna die. That silly little strap won't hold if you get t-boned by a semi doing 110 whilst at the edge of the Grand Canyon.

Somebody's gonna die. That silly little strap won't hold if you get t-boned by a semi doing 110 whilst at the edge of the Grand Canyon.

Agree.

That looks awesome! This makes me rethink getting a swing out tire carrier when I order my bumper. Do you plan on selling these?

This is gonna take a lot of redesign and stress analysis to determine the best worst case scenario for the 100 mph T-bone incident. :hillbilly:

Tools, you should market those - neat idea that can be removed if necc.

Tony, Does your wife know about all these endless modification "goings-ons?".
I can hear it now: "Honey, Ill be at the coffee shop with the guys discussing this weeks current events"...:hillbilly:
Youve definetly have been bitten by the mod bug - sneaky little critters :cheers:

Believe me Murf, Tools knows the skinny on the :princess: end of things. :cool:

That looks great!! - I want one when all the mods are worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom