Wanted Update - FJ80 axle swap on the FJ62: 1995-1997 FZJ 80 or LX 450 in SOCAL (San Diego County) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After doing some research and making phone calls. We have decided to do a front and rear FJ80 Axle swap with extras on the FJ62.
-Doug

We are looking for a 95-97 FJ80/LX450 that we do not have to dump a ton of $$$ into modifying/upgrading or restoring. Hoping to find local rig for sale. I really do not have too much time to travel to other states or driving 100's of miles to inspect. If it is the right rig and could get it inspected by a mechanic at your location, I might be willing to fly out & pick up , or pay to have it shipped.

My wife has multiple sclerosis and I am looking for a more comfortable ride than our FJ62. We want the 2nd second rig for the extra space to carry wheelchair/scooter/portable toilet, etc.. for when we go on family camping trip with relatives. Daughter would drive the FJ80/LX450 with my wife and I would drive the FJ62. Just want to make life easier/comfortable for us when we go camping, especially long distance trips.

Brief description of what we are looking for over the next couple months:
If over 200K, engine rebuilt or impeccable service records with timing belt and head gasket replacement, etc...
2.5 inch lift that is quality and in good shape
35" tires in good shape with life left in them
4.88 gears to compensate for larger tires and bring the rig back to factory specs for freeway and uphill driving
Current front axle knuckle service and seals
Front and rear lockers desired, but not a deal breaker if the rig is not locked.
Interior in good shape, interior lights work, stereo functions.
Rear Tire/Jerry Can Carrier
Roof rack
Decent paint, not worried about trail pin striping or small dings
Clean Carfax and title
My goal is to at least inspect 2-3 rigs , have a mechanic inspect and pick the one that matches our needs.
Budget $14-15K

Thanks and please keep the suggestions coming
Doug

Last edited:
This literally checks off all your boxes. Although no timing belt replacement...thats more of a 100 series thing.

This literally checks off all your boxes. Although no timing belt replacement...thats more of a 100 series thing.

I do not know how I missed this one. Thanks for the link. I will send PKELLY72 a PM to see if it is still available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom