Update: Cheap and Free Parts (Thanks for ID Help) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, when I bought my FJ40 it came with a box of goodies. Can you help me identify these things please? I put numbers next to the items I am unsure of (1-7 and will fill them in as people respond). I also put my guesses based on what I could find online that looked like the part. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE:
Thank you for the help with ID. If anyone wants some of these parts, I'll try to do as close to "liquidating" as I can. If you want to trade- I need a cap for the fuel tank under the passenger seat (the hole there towards the front) and also a fuel hose that goes behind / under the seat (the rubber one).

PS- If my prices are wrong, just tell me. I am getting these by searching on eBay and doing half the listed prices I see.

1. Weber Carb (Thanks Ker) - $150? (Actually found the box after I knew to look for Weber, appears to have most parts for a conversion kit?)
2. Fuel Pump (Thanks Ker) - $100?
3. Distributor - Maybe the Original pre-Upgrade (Thanks Ker) -
$80 (including cap below)
4. Distributor Cap (Thanks Ker) Included Above
5. GM TBI Throttle Body (Thanks pj) $100?
6. Choke Cable (Thanks Ker) $Free if you want it.
7. Radio Antenna... lol. Feel dumb on that one but when it's in a pile of parts... just saying. (Thanks Paul) $Also Free if you want it.

Others:

Door Handles: $100 (New, opened box. These are $140 on Spectre 124-05-KIT)
- Maybe SOLD
Mirrors: $80 (One has some wear, these are $140 at Spectre 166-01E-ELPAIR) - Maybe SOLD
Air Filter Cover/Bottom & Filter: $Free if you want it

FJ40-ExtraParts.jpg

Last edited:
1. Carburetor, looks like maybe a weber carb?
2. Fuel pump
3. distributor, that looks a lot like a Toyota one of FJ40 vintage, if yours was upgraded, that might be the original.
4. distributor cap.
5. Kinda a strange looking carburetor, might actually be a fuel injection throttle body?
6. the cable in the center looks a lot like a choke cable.

And that rectangle air filter on the upper right corner would fit the weber carburetor.

The rarest, and most expensive of these parts might be those windshield wiper blades. Hold on tight to those, and let me know if there are any markings / etc that indicate where I can get replacements....

#5 is a GM TBI throttle body and the adapter is sitting next to it.

The distributor may have a part number underneath the dirt and grease.

The choke cable may actually be a hand throttle cable. Can you post a closer pic including the knob end?

is fuel pump new or used
?

It's used. I can send you close up pictures if you like. Again- my prices are basically made up- so if it's not worth what I am saying, just let me know. You're welcome to tell me it is worth a lot more than I am asking too. lol

Also- it won't let me update the original post- here's the status:

1. Weber Carb (Thanks Ker) - $150? (Actually found the box after I knew to look for Weber, appears to have most parts for a conversion kit?)
2. Fuel Pump (Thanks Ker) - $100?
3. Distributor - Maybe the Original pre-Upgrade (Thanks Ker) - $80 (including cap below)
4. Distributor Cap (Thanks Ker) Included Above
5. GM TBI Throttle Body (Thanks pj) $100?
6. Choke Cable (Thanks Ker) $Free if you want it. GIVEN AWAY
7. Radio Antenna... lol. Feel dumb on that one but when it's in a pile of parts... just saying. (Thanks Paul) $Also Free if you want it.

Others:

Door Handles: $100 (New, opened box. These are $140 on Spectre 124-05-KIT)
Mirrors: $80 (One has some wear, these are $140 at Spectre 166-01E-ELPAIR) - SOLD
Air Filter Cover/Bottom & Filter: $Free if you want it

I know I participated here, but why isn’t this in the Classified section?

Just sayin’

devo

It should have been. Basically I started with the pure intention to identify what parts I had. Then as we identified them, I realized I had zero use for them! I'm actually not going to post anymore. I'll just list the stuff online if I decide to sell it. Was just trying to offer out "deals" if I could. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom