Upcoming Timing Belt job - need confirmation on some vvti part#s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening all

I am wondering if I can get some confirmation on my parts list for my timing belt job that I plan on doing in the next few weeks. I have searched the forum quite a bit, but due to having a 2007 LX 470 and it being vvti, there hasn't been AS many details on parts list for them (some differences I know). I know things like cam seals are not applicable unless more work is done, but some part #s are different it seems from earlier 100 series to vvti.

Background on why I'm getting the timing belt service done and looking to do a nice remove/replace on major components (while your there). I just got the car w/163k and one of the pulleys is on its way out (possibly idler pulley) and the last service for TB was supposedly at 100k but no receipts, the belt looks decent but i'd like to be ready to go another 90-100k starting soon on these components. The heater tee's look new, so im thinking these were replaced within past few years. I can always add them on, was thinking of using metal to prevent any future work. Really want to ensure whole serpentine belt assembly and all pulleys are replaced as I dont want to deal with messy bearings down the road.

Ordered and received so far from rockauto:

Aisin TKT021 : Timing Belt, Water Pump & Component Kit

Aisin THT015 : Thermostat

Aisin THP108 : Thermostat / Thermostat Housing / Water Outlet Seal

Aisin FCT075 : Radiator Fan Clutch

Aisin FBT002 : Radiator Fan Clutch Bearing Bracket

Aisin FIPG

The remaining parts I have listed are as follows, looking to get these all at one source. Was thinking either partsouq or directly from toyota (Mc George i've seen mentioned)

90029-07010 : Fan clutch lock nuts (4)

16604-50030 : Serpentine belt idler pulley (OEM)

90916-02585 : Serpentine belt

16620-0W101 : Serpentine belt tensioner assembly

12204-50030 : PCV Valve

90919-01210 : Spark Plugs (8)

9676-35035 : Water inlet housing o-ring (not sure if this is included in TKT021)

90311-A0001 : Front crank seal (is this part correct for vvti)

Timing Belt Cover Gasket Insert ? (saw this in cruserteq kit)

Oil cooler hoses????

Will also get 4g of zerex pink coolant? Not red right

Thoughts on doing oil change at same time or not necessary?

Thanks again everyone

It looks like you have all of the important parts covered. I’m doing this same project now as well. My main goal is to get everything replaced that can only be done with the timing belt removed. Cam seals, front crank seal, T-belt, water pump and the pulleys/tensioner. I happen to be doing an alternator too. There are so many opinions on what coolant to use. I think the consensus is use whatever you want, just do your flushes as recommended.

Mcgeorge is really helpful and responds quick, send them your VIN and confirm all parts needed.

Yeah 02+ uses the pink SSL pre-dilluted and is rated for longer. Might as well do oil change since your in this deep anyway.

If you are replacing spark plugs you should at least get yourself some new coil boots, the little rubber tips on the end. I think Denso sells them separately and Toyota as well. If you can kick out another few hundo just swap the coils as well. You're in deep now my man.

Last edited:
It looks like you have all of the important parts covered. I’m doing this same project now as well. My main goal is to get everything replaced that can only be done with the timing belt removed. Cam seals, front crank seal, T-belt, water pump and the pulleys/tensioner. I happen to be doing an alternator too. There are so many opinions on what coolant to use. I think the consensus is use whatever you want, just do your flushes as recommended.
Thanks. Good luck with your build as well. The radiator was just replaced prior to me getting it, I need to check the fluid but I think they might have used red coolant, just want to ensure if a flush is needed or can stick with pink.

I have plenty of other maintenance stuff planned that's on my intro thread, but other fluid flushes are on that list. Thanks.
Mcgeorge is really helpful and responds quick, send them your VIN and confirm all parts needed.

Yeah 02+ uses the pink SSL pre-dilluted and is rated for longer. Might as well do oil change since your in this deep anyway.

If you are replacing spark plugs you should at least get yourself some new coil boots, the little rubber tips on the end. I think Denso sells them separately and Toyota as well. If you can kick out another few hundo just swap the coils as well. You're in deep now my man.
Thanks Mike. I will def shoot them a message with parts and ask for quote and their confirmation on parts. Mainly concerner about that o-ring and timing belt cover gasket as I can't find that part# anywhere.

Yea will most likely do oil change as well at same time or very soon.

I'll be doing spark plugs sooner most likely to check the plugs and/or boots to see if they need replacing. The car I was pretty well maintained and I don't want to assume they are cracked yet but at same time spark plugs I can always hang onto. Thanks

In deep I know! Started adding things up already and friends think I'm nuts replacing all this stuff. But I want peace of mind knowing core components are good for a long while.

Thanks. Good luck with your build as well. The radiator was just replaced prior to me getting it, I need to check the fluid but I think they might have used red coolant, just want to ensure if a flush is needed or can stick with pink.

I have plenty of other maintenance stuff planned that's on my intro thread, but other fluid flushes are on that list. Thanks.

Thanks Mike. I will def shoot them a message with parts and ask for quote and their confirmation on parts. Mainly concerner about that o-ring and timing belt cover gasket as I can't find that part# anywhere.

Yea will most likely do oil change as well at same time or very soon.

I'll be doing spark plugs sooner most likely to check the plugs and/or boots to see if they need replacing. The car I was pretty well maintained and I don't want to assume they are cracked yet but at same time spark plugs I can always hang onto. Thanks

In deep I know! Started adding things up already and friends think I'm nuts replacing all this stuff. But I want peace of mind knowing core components are good for a long while.
May need new friends =] JK.....you're not nuts, just becoming part of a unique breed of vehicle that deserves to be kept alive whereas other vehicles are built to be beat and die after the warranty is up. On the flip side it is easy to go deep down the rabbit hole with these rigs, just keep everything kept up with and enjoy the ride.

It would be hard to tell if the coolant is red or pink (especially looking into a black radiator ) and either way it's not a big deal. The red has a shorter service interval at 30k but you could drain a little, see how clean it looks, and even test the fluid with that fancy little radiator fluid sucky tool. Chances are it's pink as that is what most people use and it is pre diluted.

Something else worth doing before you do all this maintenance is get a cheap little OBD2 scanner and check on things like engine operating temps. I don't like to see if go over 200 degrees. Would be cool to see how the water pump / spark plugs/ other maintenance stuff effects the temps. And then moving forward once it's all done and your out wheeling it's good to keep an eye on this stuff.

This website is your friend, enter vin and start pawing around
>>https://partsouq.com/

I'm not too familiar with the seal on the cover you are referencing since I haven't done a Tbelt job. It may be part of the cover, I'm sure there is more info around the forums / youtube on what you are up against.
>
1673638860427.png

May need new friends =] JK.....you're not nuts, just becoming part of a unique breed of vehicle that deserves to be kept alive whereas other vehicles are built to be beat and die after the warranty is up. On the flip side it is easy to go deep down the rabbit hole with these rigs, just keep everything kept up with and enjoy the ride.

It would be hard to tell if the coolant is red or pink (especially looking into a black radiator ) and either way it's not a big deal. The red has a shorter service interval at 30k but you could drain a little, see how clean it looks, and even test the fluid with that fancy little radiator fluid sucky tool. Chances are it's pink as that is what most people use and it is pre diluted.

Something else worth doing before you do all this maintenance is get a cheap little OBD2 scanner and check on things like engine operating temps. I don't like to see if go over 200 degrees. Would be cool to see how the water pump / spark plugs/ other maintenance stuff effects the temps. And then moving forward once it's all done and your out wheeling it's good to keep an eye on this stuff.

This website is your friend, enter vin and start pawing around
>>https://partsouq.com/

I'm not too familiar with the seal on the cover you are referencing since I haven't done a Tbelt job. It may be part of the cover, I'm sure there is more info around the forums / youtube on what you are up against.
>View attachment 3218193
Thanks Mike. I already have techstream, used it to scan new keyfobs and do some preventative checks before buying the car. I do plan on using it to check some other stats and test some of the fuel and ignition data. I also have a scanguage2 I'm installing this weekend plus a regular obd 2 scanner , so I'm well ahead on the stats part (I work in IT and I'm kinda OCD, so I think I'll fit in well here)

I have been on partsouq for last 2 weeks now finding new things 😂

I agree it's probably pink and I know you can mix per the latest announcement from Toyota, so not as concerned now.

Check...new friends it is 😁

Want this car to go at least 500k in my life and pass down to kiddos. Already doing more preventative work than I've done on my last 6 cars.

Thanks again

Add some more parts to replace while you have the fan out: Oil cooler hose 15777-50030. Water bypass hose #4 16281-0F010. Water bypass hose #5 16282-50040.
I just ordered these to replace while I am replacing the timing belt and water pump. Have fun.

I asked above about oil cooler hose as I saw some people did that, thanks for confirming...adding to never ending list 😂
Need to check on water bypass hoses as if it's linked to radiator it might have been replaced when radiator was as. Gotta look at specs for that one

Thanks toy!

I am happy to share my spreadsheet of parts for a 2006 lc timing belt job if you want to on me your email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom