Up Mountian, Down Mountian... Fuel Guage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went up, up, up a mountian road/trail today with a 1/4 tank showing on the guage.
When I got to a leval spot on the road the fuel guage went to almost empty :eek:
I was thinking I could make it to the top before I would need to turn around and head back.
I panicked and turned around.
WHen the 80 was facing down hill/mountian the guage when to 'full' empty and the low fuel light turned on :crybaby:
The trip was all down hill so I coasted most of the way.
Got to the bottom and the guage went to almost empty. Filled the tank and it took 18 gal.

My ??? is, would it be better to have the guage show more empty going up the hill or down the hill?

Landtoy,
Are you asking this b/c you want to change where the sensor in the tank is located? To my knowledge the gauge will always show more when going up hill and always show less when going down hill. I like it the way it is.

Sam

so 1/8 tank error each way?
was that a steep hill?

First time i took mine into the mountains, I almost crapped coming back down. I thought I was empty, when I got down from the hills the guage moved to almost 1/4.

thorvald said:
i usually like to have a full tank of gas going into the mountains ;)

I "WAS" only going to go up a couple of miles and come back but the trail got better and better looking as I got futher up da mt.

Had the same problem when I was wheelin in Crested Butte, I guess if you get to worried about it you can carry a jerry can of gas with you when you head into the mtns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom