Unwanted heat from under front seats…. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched and couldn’t find anything on this particular issue. When I run the rear AC I get heat from under the front seats even though both front and rear ac units are set to cool. It’s so bad that after a while of the rear AC being on the lower rear section of the center console gets really hot. If I do not run the rear AC everything is fine. I have the kids in the car often and living in south Florida the rear AC is a huge help in cooling the cabin.

Sounds like an electrical issue. Do all of the lights/buttons on the rear A/C controls work as expected? Are you getting air from the upper rear vents and is it cold? If you never use the heater you could just pull the RR HTR fuse to turn off the fan

The upper vents blow cold and the buttons seem to work as expected. I was thinking it’s an actuator issue but didn’t even think about pulling the heater fan fuse. Thank you for the tip! I’ll try it out and report back.

The bottom never blows cold. The top vents never blow hot. They are two separate systems. In Miami, I would just remove one of the connectors to the heat unit under the drivers seat… it won’t get a signal, no more heat. You probably have a connection issue elsewhere, which may manifest as an issue later, but for the coming months, no unnecessary heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom