Unusual seat bolt - tool help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I have a JDM 96 cruiser in New Zealand and am trying to remove the rear seats. I came across this bolt and am unsure if it requires a special tool to remove.

Before I get stuck into it I thought I'd ask if anyone has come across one of these and can tell me how to remove it as one side is curved!

20190722_094711.jpg

Hi all, I have a JDM 96 cruiser in New Zealand and am trying to remove the rear seats. I came across this bolt and am unsure if it requires a special tool to remove.

Before I get stuck into it I thought I'd ask if anyone has come across one of these and can tell me how to remove it as one side is curved!

A small angle-cutter or dremel tool might get enough right-angle to start turning with flat-edge and/or good vise grips.
This gives added meaning to the saying, "It's a keeper!"
Post up how you reverse engineer this prob.

View attachment 2035730

Use a straight hacksaw blade and saw straight across where the curved area is to make it flat. Then you can use a large straight screwdriver to remove it. You will make the curved side look like the other side.

If the above suggestions don't work you could CAREFULLY tack weld a nut on top of that screw and then remove it with a socket. To prevent any fires you'll want to pack everything around it with wet rags. Once you've removed it, you could reinstall the seat belt with a HIGH strength bolt in place of that one way screw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom