unusual bumpstop parts but can't find where they fit ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ages back I must have order these two parts thinking they were something I needed on my 80

48304-60080 and 48306-60062

Toyodiy's diagrams show them as suiting my year of 80 (1992) but I can't work out where they're meant to go. :cool: I can't find existing ones anywhere.

48304BUMPER SUB-ASSY, FRONT SPRING, NO.1
48304-60080RH1$43.21
48306-60062LH1$27.36

th-4036476142.jpg

Ok google here's that picher you asked for..... :cool:

Yeah but where do they go? On the underside of the chassis rails somewhere? or on the axle housing? Toyodiy says they go at the front somewhere.

There's nowhere on the front diff/axle housing to bolt them, hence why I'm asking.

It looks like you are an early 80 with a build of 3/92 (in your sig) correct? If so, I believe that the earlier 80's did not have the mount points with captive nuts for these in the front and were an update to later models.

I have @LandCruiserPhil quick disconnects for my front sway bar, and reading though his thread to install mine, they bolt up to these original mount points on the chassis in place of the bump stops...I saw a few posts in that thread that mentioned that these are not on some early 80's. It's possible that yours just doesn't have them...some good pics in the thread below showing the early version of the quick release mounts, but clearly shows where the bumps would mount originally.

On my 97 they bolt to the frame directly above the front axle housing.

Interesting I'll have a look at the underside of the frame rails and see if there are captive nuts there. Which one goes on the left and which one goes on the right? The toyota labels say 'fr' and 'rr' which probably creates some of the confusion.

For the US left hand drive (probably the same for all...) Shorty on the right (passenger) and longer one on the left (driver).

This is for a center lock only, not triple lock, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Thanks those pics are helpful. I just had a look at my 80's chassis rails and it doesn't have any captive nut locations to mount those so it must have been one of the many 8/92 design revisions.

Thanks those pics are helpful. I just had a look at my 80's chassis rails and it doesn't have any captive nut locations to mount those so it must have been one of the many 8/92 design revisions.
Can confirm they are on my 11/92 '93 model.

They were 93-94 only in the US.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom