Unresponsive Throttle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Every week or so, I get what feels like the vehicle cutting back the throttle input just like it does when wheel spin is detected, but there is no loss of traction, this is on dry pavement. This doesn't feel like a "problem" per se, I think the vehicle is responding to some sensor data that makes it think we're accelerating to quickly, or yaw rate it too high, or some other thing that causes it to cut throttle input. It's annoying and I want to figure it out and fix it. There are no codes and it goes away after a moment. The fuel pump is new, the filters are new, the plugs are new. There is no misfire when this occurs. It runs great except for this issue. Ideas?

Sounds like "limp mode" is being triggered. Is there very little power even when the throttle is pushed hard?

Sounds like "limp mode" is being triggered. Is there very little power even when the throttle is pushed hard?
It feels exactly like the retched Torque Management on my Tundra when it thought I might spin a wheel. It only lasts a moment and it only happens when accelerating from a dead stop.

It feels exactly like the retched Torque Management on my Tundra when it thought I might spin a wheel. It only lasts a moment and it only happens when accelerating from a dead stop.

Don't you just love technology that does TOO MUCH of the 'thinking' for us?

Early attempts at anti-lock brakes were probably the worst examples.

Don't know why vehicles have to be so autonomous these days. What ever happened to people just learning to DRIVE!

IF I want/need to spin the wheels....then by damn I WILL make that decision. Same thing for braking. Sheeeesh.

with part time 4wd taking off from a dead stop will momentarily flash the green lights in the dash on the later 100 if you step too deep. Occasionally a beep beep will happen also.
Your trac light could be out. Which is a green non LED replaceable bulb in the vvti- unlike the others. Maybe that's happening and you don't see it.

it's also like the limp/safe mode. same thing happens except you get a blinking or maybe solid check engine amber. For that reason I'd guess an atrac warning that you're missing or not seeing.
But you probably know what happens when you take off in a part time later 100, oh, and 4:88

Atrac warning won't leave a code. All the safe modes will.
and now wat I'm wondering, if you leave the hubs unlocked and push the cdl button can you do full power donuts in the dirt? I've not tried.

and now wat I'm wondering, if you leave the hubs unlocked and push the cdl button can you do full power donuts in the dirt? I've not tried.
I'm sensing an impending youtube upload

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom