1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unofficially Official

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by clemson55, Aug 13, 2005.

1. clemson55

clemson55

Took the GRE's earlier this week the unofficial score they give before leaving the building was 1210. 560 verbal 650 quantitative, higher then asked for by the school so I should be set to hang around Clemson for a few more years.

2. Cards81fan

Cards81fan

Not bad... that was in line with my scores when I took it back 18 months ago (560 verbal, 720 quantitative).

The funny thing is I made a 1280 on my SAT 5 years earlier so I guess I didn't get any smarter ;)

Congrats man, but what program are you looking for at Clemson? Unfortunately the 720 quantitative is considered relatively low for top tier grad level economics programs... :-/

3. cruiserman

cruiserman

I thought the GRE was a 3 part test, or at least it was when I took it back in 1992.

4. Cards81fan

Cards81fan

There are three parts of testing, PLUS 2 written essays which get their own score (an argumentive one and another more analytical one).

Of the three testing sections, only 2 are scored. Which means you take an extra quantitative or an extra verbal. And of course you don't know which one is the bogus one.