Unofficial Hoosier Cruiser event. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having an unofficial event in Elkhart, open to all cruiserheads, Hoosier or otherwise.

Time: 7pm to whenever
Date: Every Friday and Saturday night
Where: my shop
What: Wrenching on the never-ending 45 project.
What else: Beer, pizza, lodging provided as necessary.

RSVP by at least 6:45 each Friday or Saturday. :)

Seriously, though..... if anyone wants to come up for a weekend and help out on the 45- just PM me. Could be tickets to a Notre Dame football game in it. Later, Luke

I would be all about it but that is a 4 hour drive. Maybe some weekend I can talk the wife into leaving town.

I use to race BMX in Elkart when I was a kid. That is all.

So did I- Buds BMX used to be up just south of the toll road. Now its a "manufactured housing community" read trailer park. Up until about 10 years ago- the track and jumps were still there with weeds growing up, we'd ride around up there on mountain bikes.

Thats right, Buds BMX! Ha I was pretty young when we started racing there, I was 3 or 4 so ~~1979? till. I was talking to my mom last night about when we use to race. I still have my JMC at my parents house.

Don't know it I can make the trip I am working on my 97 but if I can I will let you know.

phishtaco said:
Thats right, Buds BMX! Ha I was pretty young when we started racing there, I was 3 or 4 so ~~1979? till. I was talking to my mom last night about when we use to race. I still have my JMC at my parents house.

I wish I still had my Kuwahara.... wish I hadn't sold it. I don't think I raced against you- because in 79 I was 6, didn't start riding there till about 1980. Used to race at Maple City BMX in Goshen. Luke

Luke,
I will make it up there soon.

The 80 is down for tranny rebuild number 2. F*&K'in A.

L8ter,
Jimmy

Hey Tarzan- when you come up- can you bring the woman pictured in your avatar? I don't know how much wrenching we'd get done- but I don't think I'd mind. Later, Luke

LukeZero said:
I wish I still had my Kuwahara.... wish I hadn't sold it. I don't think I raced against you- because in 79 I was 6, didn't start riding there till about 1980. Used to race at Maple City BMX in Goshen. Luke

I'll stop by one day. Still have my Kuwahara...freestyler (raced Mongoose back in the day). The Kuwahara is in mint condition sitting in a barn in McPherson, Kansas...

Garth- next time I'm in McPherson, I'm looking for that barn.... :) Whenever they let you leave New Orleans, you're more than welcome to stop by and say hi, just for a break from the in-laws. Later, Luke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom