Unlock all doors with single button push? 1998 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks, I've recently purchased a 1998 LX470. I was under the impression I'd be able to change the locking functionality with techstream, but customisation seems non-existent.

Driving me nuts, unlock car, walk up to back door or passenger door. Remember I've got to push unlock twice to open the door. It's a real pain when I'm carrying stuff.

Is there any way to change it from double push to single push?

Yes - you can change this setting in the Techstream. You can chose whether the first click unlocks only driver door or all doors. I can fire up the techstream later and get you a screenshot too.

I tried to make this change but it didn't work. I'm not really sure why it didn't, because I also changed that the car doesn't unlock all the doors when it's put into park and that did work.

So I took the laptop out and had a play around. Every option in the customisation area is empty except for the steering wheel tilt. Not sure what's going on.

Did you put in your vin when you first connected to your vehicle?

I didnt have a lot of options I could change either on my 99. I just assumed all the other features were available for newer models. The double click to unlock annoys me too but I'm glad I was able to code out the tilt steering wheel moving every time I opened the door.

I looked into this issue a couple of years ago and concluded that it was not possible for my 98 LX. Clearly programable features vary by model year. I wonder if ClassyJalopy isn't thinking of his 2001?

I looked into this issue a couple of years ago and concluded that it was not possible for my 98 LX. Clearly programable features vary by model year. I wonder if ClassyJalopy isn't thinking of his 2001?
It is quite possible that he is thinking abt a different car. He has been known to make wrong statements in the past too!

I did not put my vin in. Is this something I needed to do?
I know I had to make the programming part work. It's worth a try

I recall doing DRLs, tilt wheel elimination and a couple other things in my 05. I never had to enter a VIN. My assumption would be that it simply isn't possible in tech stream due to the earlier vehicle architecture. I know this pattern is true in other similar vintage Lexi/Toyotas, but I never owned an early 100.

EDIT: for clarity, I don't think different versions of Techstream have anything to do with this. They all have the same options more or less amongst those I have used. I think the older vehicles do not have the same customization options as the later 100s (including my 05)

Last edited:
Tried putting the vin in. No luck all options still blank except for tilt. Tried Techstream10 as well. Still no luck.

There's a vehicle configuration code option in the menus, no idea what the code would be tho.

I'd pay a dealer if they could do it. Double click to unlock is very annoying, though not as bad on a 100 series as on a Volvo S60 I once owned. It had no audible feedback and no lock on the passenger side door. After about a 100 times of walking around the car to find it still locked I sent a hostile letter of complaint to the president of Volvo North America, which did not get a response but made me feel better. I'm guessing they thought, mistakenly, that I would pay to replace the lost remote fob.

Man, and I thought I was the only one annoyed by the double click to unlock... I’m glad I’m able to reprogram to single click on all the newer cars that I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom