Unknown 4 prong relay in engine bay - HJ61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CHILLCAT

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm hoping someone can help me out identifying a relay in my engine bay that a PO cut out.

I have a RHD HJ61 - and the relay in question was mounted to the wall of the engine bay on the passenger side (left side if you're sitting in the rig).

The relay is labeled: RC-2206 MITSUBA 3821

It is a 4 prong relay.

The wiring harness runs right past this relay and I can see someone has cut the wire ends that run into the relay and direct wired them into the harness.

I have some issues with my intermittent wipers, and the 2 low settings on my heater/air blower so I am wondering if this is affecting 1 of those.

I can post an image of the relay box if that helps.

Thanks!

IMG_20221104_150824.jpg

I will try to snap a picture of location in the engine bay shortly

IMG_20221104_161008~3.jpg

Location in the engine bay where this relay was attached. Looks like it was tied into some wires that go to the headlights, and also wiring running into the cab.

View attachment 3159385

Location in the engine bay where this relay was attached. Looks like it was tied into some wires that go to the headlights, and also wiring running into the cab.

could be the headlight upgrade, you use the switch to control the relay which runs power to the headlights, it gives brighter light as the voltage doesn't have to run thru the switch itself
the 4 wires would be
voltage in
voltage out
switched power or control
ground

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom