Unknow Hose On Passenger Side of Engine Bay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone,

I just recently purchased a 2000 LX470 with about 215000 miles. Being new to the legendary 100 series, there is simply so much to learn and do.

Today when I was replacing an ignition coil, I found a hose coming from under the engine going up on the passenger side, but not connected to anything. It does not appear to have any fluids/oil coming out, car appears to be running fine, no warning light is on, but it still worries me.

I have attached a few pics below, and I’m hoping someone can give me some guidance. What is the hose for? Is it supposed to be connected to anything? Is it still safe to drive the car for the time being?

The right side the the following pic is the front of the car. This pic is taken from the top of the engine bay.
7AF337C8-6901-4E79-A43F-9B5BC3B734AA.jpeg

I then found a plastic clip that the hose seems to clip on perfectly on the hood of the passenger side tire in the engine bay. The right side of the following pic is the passenger side, top of the pic is the front of the car. You can see the open end of the hose.
AA6E0138-ED94-46BB-88A2-768BEFA6CF96.jpeg

Don’t know if this following pic helps, but a deeper look of the source of the hose. The source
1727EE20-1D73-40CF-BB50-CB52B8A94457.jpeg

The unknown is really driving me crazy!! I would greatly appreciate your help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom