Unimog Resources/Info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know of any site that comes anywhere close to being the "IH8MUD" of Unimogs?

I'm researching them as a possible platform for a neat expo rig but am coming up pretty dry as far as an "idiot's guide" FAQ type deal.

As an example, it took me a very short time to peruse the 80's section (especially FAQ's) to accumulate a basic understanding of that serie's reliability, common problems (with detailed fixes), trends, upgrades, etc. I've never owned an 80 but feel pretty comfortable inspecting birf's, PHH, testing lockers (getting them unstuck), etc. just from reading.

I have a basic understanding of the mog but am really looking for some discussions regarding engine maintenance, reliability, resourcing parts, etc. (I'm a :banana:+ 1/2 :wrench: with plenty of guts to try stuff but not always the know how)

The best I've found so far is the FAQ over at benzworld.org on Unimogs, and though it's a decent forum I'm not sure I'm going to be able to extricate as much info as I'd like.

Worst case scenario, I suppose, would be to sign up and be "that guy" that posts the "hey all, newb here, thinking about buying, should I?" thread and take what's coming to me.

Eh..

I'm afraid MUD has spoiled me and that I'm not going to find anything as in depth or so well put together.

Any input is greatly appreciated. I think an old Unimog would look great parked next to the 40, I just want to make an informed decision!

:cheers:

I agree that there should be a unimog place on the web that actually has some good technical info and discussion.

I'm thinking a Mog would be a nice addition to my collection as well. :)

This site has some good info but is not exactly a MogMUD
Rocky Mountain Moggers - Home page