Unidentified wire dangling. Help please>>> (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys, on my 91 LC, there is a black wire that runs parallel with the oil pressure sensor or temp sensor wire (which is connected by the way) that has a white connector at the end. I cannot for the life of me find what it connects to. I've looked all through the Chilton's manual I have and still no joy.

Any ideas?

By the way, the front axle overhaul was a success thanks to the posts here. Thanks!

A pic is worth 1000 words!

Does it go to the cooling fan or its manifold sensor? Mike

photos of the mysterious wire

There are four wires that run out of the firewall from a bundle. Of the four, there are two of which one runs to the ac compressor, and the other one runs to the oil pressure sensor. The one that runs to the OPS splits into two. The one that doesn't connect is hanging free.

Please take a look.
SANY0143.jpg
SANY0142.jpg
SANY0141.jpg

That's a hack job, and you may or may not need to ground it. I'll look tomorrow, it's for the oil pressure, as mentioned. How many male spades are in the white plastic one. If not two, there's your answer, and reason, maybe.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, you will be so glad so many times for having the FSM, WAY WAY WAY better than the Chilton/Haynes POS manual. I don't trust those things for any info. Go into the FAQs and find the method for downloading the FSM and identify it. I can't remember which one that is, it's been too long since I replaced the HG on mine. Good luck!! :wrench::wrench:

Hack jobs like that aren't covered in the FSM. I thought that was what this place was all about, figuring it out. Please, scan the page, show us how it's supposed to be, and post it up.

I've never seen a crowd that reserves themselves to think that the FSM is the holy grail as I have witnessed with this bunch. It's amusing. I have none for the Toyota's, and one for another, which isn't all that helpful.

17lbs of torque. Like the torque wrench has been calibrated. Sure.

I bet I get black listed, but I had to get that out.:ban:

Guys, on my 91 LC, there is a black wire that runs parallel with the oil pressure sensor or temp sensor wire (which is connected by the way) that has a white connector at the end. I cannot for the life of me find what it connects to. I've looked all through the Chilton's manual I have and still no joy.

Here's what the manual says is supposed to be there. Wire colour matches are hit and miss IMO.

OilCct.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom