Uniden 520 Install? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I looked over Slee's instructions, but I'm not clear on what all I have to do to get this bugger to fit. The radio seems to be about 1/4" too wide for the ash tray holder. Also, do I need to trim down the two screw mounts on the dash below the radio, because I can't see how this thing is going to fit without cutting off those mounts 1/2 way--to the point that I won't be able to get a screw in there again. Is the 520 bigger than the 510 or something?

Here's another option, works great for any occupant and the mic holder is out of the way with no cable flopping around.
TLC_31.jpg

I'd do that, but I already went to town on the ash tray holder.

I am getting ready to do the same install and have the same questions....

Go get the Dremel & start triming.

I installed the wifes CB on a Sat morning & was a piece of cake....take your time & it will turn out slick.

Most people get in her truck & ask if that was factory??

now you have to post pics!!!!

So what did you have to do to the ash tray holder to make it fit?
It seems that if I bend it outwards the screw holes won't line up anymore.

Remove the metal insert I have shown in the picture.

Then after install this is what it would look like...wifes CB is a Maxon but measurements should be close...I have a 510 & measurements were almost same.
Piece.JPG
CB.JPG

Wait, so you do or don't use that metal insert?

TiredIronGRB said:
Here's another option, works great for any occupant and the mic holder is out of the way with no cable flopping around.
TLC_31.jpg

Thats a good idea, what did you do to bolt the cb to the plastic?

Pete483e483 said:
Wait, so you do or don't use that metal insert?

Agreed - then the tabs don't need trimming? Could possibly reinstall ash tray for some godforbidden reason?

Didn't you know smoking is bad for your health :flipoff2:
I always see ppl flick the ashes and butt out the window anyway. :doh:

And there is still the ash tray in the very back passenger side :grinpimp:

I went a different route mounting mine. I got one with PA capability - mainly cause some people on the trails around here will do stupid s*** and get in the way. Had one in a heap come down on me while I was trying to turn around at the bottom of a hill and almost hit me. Anyway, it's a cobra 19DX IV which is too big for the ashtray. So I ripped out the stupid built in phone, and put it in it's place.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom