For Sale Unicorn? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lol. looks like it. damn, I'd kinda like a 2nd 80

Lol. looks like it. damn, I'd kinda like a 2nd 80
I have two. Wife said I need to stop spending money; she wants to retire. But, once you have one 80, you want another one. Kinda like girl-friends...

What makes it a unicorn, low miles and lockers?

If it was a chick, it'd have an Adam's apple....

What makes it a unicorn, low miles and lockers?
Yes. Bought my 94 with 94.5k and no lockers. I thought that was rare. Took me 1 year+ to find.

Are people actually willing to pay 25K for an 80 just because it has 80k on it? That just seems absurd to the point that id almost sell my locked 95 with 84k on it and pay off most of a 4runner. Oh wait, no I wouldn't. A new gen 4runner is nowhere near as awesome. But seriously, I keep seeing these posted for crazy expensive. Are they actually selling for this much?

Are people actually willing to pay 25K for an 80 just because it has 80k on it? That just seems absurd to the point that id almost sell my locked 95 with 84k on it and pay off most of a 4runner. Oh wait, no I wouldn't. A new gen 4runner is nowhere near as awesome. But seriously, I keep seeing these posted for crazy expensive. Are they actually selling for this much?
I really believe the market is starting to move. Scarcity. 60's are going that way too. It depends what you want to start with.

The NTHSB claims some absurd percentage 70+% of "supposed" low milers (10 years old +) are indeed odo rollbacks. I would imagine the 80 is the ideal vehicle to do this with given a supposed 80k miler with an actual 280k miles will still have a good chance of running 50k+ miles more after sale and the seller being long gone.

Ive seen oodles of 250k plus milers that could easily pass for 50k milers on the west coast.

I've got a 94 with 97k and I had my mechanic go over it hard. Carfax, physical inspection, and documentation seem to all make it authentic. My 97 with 170k was known to the third owner (used car salesman) for most of it's life and came with docs. Carfax agreed. I think they exist, but you have to make sure. Cruised my 97 the 30 miles to work just this morning; watched the gas gauge move.

It's gone.

I didn't buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom