Unichip for KZJ78 1KZ-TE or KZJ71 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi guys, wondering if anyone has fitted a Unichip on his KZJ78 or maybe KZJ71.
I haven´t found much. people seem to rather convert to mechanical pump but then my autobox is left without control and I am a believer that the tuning on an EFI pump shall be more refined and adjustable as we have pretty tight rules on what we can drive on the roads in Austria.
please share your experience with the Unichip if anyone has it. please no mechanical pump promo, not going there...

truck is a 1996 KZJ78, 250tkms, tmic as fmic too complicated with AC still working, standard turbo, side pipe exhaust 2,5" after stock dump pipe. spools fast, growls a lot.

Hello,

@GTSSportCoupe has done some work on his injection pump. Checking his threads would be a good start. No Unichip in there but lots of information.

Juan

thank you guys, I am aware of the resmod and seen some pump related write ups, all very interesting but unfortunately I cannot risk going any of those ways as we have super strict regulations and emmission controls. with the Chip / remap I would have something that I can control or adjust to normal so it does not gain attention...
the Unichip doesn´t come cheap but I read a lot of great things so I thought that might be the way for me. I do have a chip tuning on it currently but only gives a small bit of extra torque, if I turn it up it blows smoke. as the EFI pump does not control boost there are limits with this simple thing.

unichip is a very good ecu addup for the 1KZ-TE . changing the resistor value does not improve any performance at all .
i can say like unichip with 5mode selector is the best you can turn to aggresive mode instantly by just turning the knob.
you would also need a tuner for tuning the things that you like . you can put 5 different selectable maps. with the new unichip,
controlling VNT turbo will never be a issue at all . unichip have alot of feature now today. it is not cheap but it is very universal.
i'm telling you changing the resistor value is totally useless. you want performance with safe and total control, put unichip.

my 5 cents , the 1KZ is so outdated trying to piggyback or mod the pump with any kind of chip is pointless , 100% go mechanical , no matter what you gain from a tuning box on the old 1KZ stuff it will never compare to a mechanical pump
I compared my stock eveything ecu ( 3" exhaust, big front mount, resistor mod to map sensor, 16-18psi boost, adjusted spill valve) and it went almost just as good as a 78 prado that had a some kind of magic black box fitted from a well known installer who specializes in 1kztes here in NZ
the chipped 78 would pull away from me on hills , maybe gaining 5km/hr extra over my wagon but after the dude spent in excess of $2500 bucks to fit this "chip" was it really worth it?
Maybe if the chipped 78 had used a 3" exhaust over the 2 1/1" he had fitted it might have helped, plus the chipped 78 was not running a front mount which would be affecting it a lot as well

Ive been looking at the 4m40 pump mod for a while and just waiting for a cheap one to come up, looking at the auto all it seems to need is a speed signal from the stock electronic pump for the shift pattern to behave
other wise manually shift it?
I know ive got the diagram somewhere how to do this off a nz website "OffRoadExpess" user "kbushnz" they seemed to have good success at manually shifting the trans in an off road application

unichip is not just as simple as it seen, both have it’s advantage . Fully mechanical is known to be as simple as possible. Electronic controlled does have the benefits like precise tuning . The resistor modification doesn’t increase any performance because the working value is not precise anymore and but will only increase fuel consumption and waste of time.
For that reason it is either going unichip or fully mechanical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom