Uneven Cruiser, sagging leaf spring. Dohh! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i took out my leaf springs to put in new shackles and bushings and now the front drivers side is sagging. i measured it out and its a inchs worth of sag. i was thinking about taking out the passengers side smallest leaf and maybe it would level it out... would this work or not be good to level it out and cause problems 4x4in. Or is there a add-a-leaf that will raise it exactly 1 inch on the drivers side?

There is a spacer you can buy from SOR that fits between the axle and the leaf spring. You could even install more than one if it did not work.

Screw the spacer, unless you want to lower the rig. I had a sagging prob with the rear left on mine, and put in an add-a-leaf. It works great, and I haven't had any kind of "problem" with uneven spring rate or any of that. I'm sure it is an uneven rate, but you don't know it going down the road, and I don't really use it to haul stuff.

Are you sure you don't have a busted leaf? I had one bust right under the axle and it was not visible until I was looking real close. It came apart when I took the spring out.

iam pretty sure its not busted but ill completly go over it now. i guess iam goin to do the add a leaf. man i hate ordering from sor they rape me on shipping. or i might go to a junk yard after school and see what i can get. you think if i can get the leaf packs out of an fj55 and put in a mid sized leaf it would do the trick. iam just looking for ways other than ordering online.

also now way on the spacer that would look so ghetto, my friends would probally kick me in the crouch.

so it was level before you pulled the springs? did you but them back on the same sides?

did you maybe overtighten the shackles or frame pin? and the suspension is bound up?

I went to Home Depot and bought 600 lbs of "snow sand" that comes in 60 lb tubes use over rear wheel wells of a pickup for snow traction. Concrete etc would also work. Put it all on the high side and drive it for a week; try to wheel it a little to flex the springs and stress them some. The high side will sag, too. This may be a stupid fix, but its cheap.

i lucked out and found a new pair of leafs for under 100. now my baby sits straight. the cruiser gods finally had pity on me.

you mean you were able to buy a new pair of leafs for the front?

I just decided to go Curtis Mayfield on the subject..."diggin the scene with the cruiser lean". (still debating on the gangsta white-walls)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom