Underseat subwoofer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After years of searching for a option for a sub, I stumbled across this: The Pioneer TS-WH500A. I don't have room where the factory sub was any more, my aux fuse bank and electrical take up that area. I've been looking at under seat options and as most know, there isn't much space under the drivers seat. When I stumbled across this unit measuring 13-3/8"W x 9-7/8"D x 2-3/8"H, it fits! Barely.

IMG_2418.JPG

These pictures are with my seat all the way back and down. Once I mounted the unit, I was able to move it forward so its almost flush with the rear feet. From the rear:
IMG_2413.JPG

IMG_2424.JPG

The clearance is close side to side. The tab is the rear mount for the seat forward/ rear drive screw. It's the same on the other side. Good vertical clearance.
IMG_2429.JPG

This is from the side of the seat, right below the controls. The wiring harness for the seat is what limits forward movement. Once mounted, the seat still has full range of motion.
IMG_2433.JPG

Pioneer calls this an 8 1/4" sub at 50 watts RMS. Not real powerful, but it sounds good. If big, hard hitting bass is what your after, your going to be disappointed. Nothing this size sill even come close to a 10" or 12" in a box. It does fill in the missing bass that the LC desperately needed. It comes with a wired remote that lets you adjust the gain and level, wiring and install are a breeze. Overall I'm happy with it.

Very cool find. What was the approx cost?

I bought it off amazon for $219

Very nice. I had a similar, much cheaper, one in my old Mini for a while. One of those Boss BASS800 8" woofers. Worked well for how slim they are.

TS-WH500A is no longer available.

It’s been replaced by the TS-WX130DA.

The new item has smaller dimensions except for the height. Older version is 2 3/8” height, newer is 2 3/4”.

Anyone know if the newer version will fit under the front drivers seat?

10” Cerwin Vega self powered subwoofer just barely fits under driver’s seat as well. And it gives a good deal of bass for what it is. I ended up raising the back of the driver’s seat for a hair more clearance (using a longer bolt and a couple of washers as spacers) but it did squeeze in there prior to doing all that.

Cerwin-Vega Mobile VPAS10 Powered Active Subwoofer Enclosure https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010X439SC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_vlA4BbTC7WP9N

Sound Ordinance 8" powered sub (crutchfield also) is a good option for much less ($150 if I remember on scratch and dent). Not a bass thumping ride but it compliments the Pioneer component system to a "T". I am not an audiophile but I play one on TV.

Here is my ghetto solution. Not 100% sure it will fit and the box is way to small for the speaker :meh:. I didn’t want a powered sub but will try the op’s solution if this does t work. Will fit under passenger seat in place of rear heater

6562BB0C-02C1-4A9E-A9D4-620BB5E518A7.jpeg

10” Cerwin Vega self powered subwoofer just barely fits under driver’s seat as well. And it gives a good deal of bass for what it is. I ended up raising the back of the driver’s seat for a hair more clearance (using a longer bolt and a couple of washers as spacers) but it did squeeze in there prior to doing all that.

Cerwin-Vega Mobile VPAS10 Powered Active Subwoofer Enclosure https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010X439SC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_vlA4BbTC7WP9N

Another reason to eliminate the passenger seat heater box and stick a sub under it. Is there a pic of this by chance?

I added all three subs in my Amazon wish list and will see if I can hear them at a local audio shop.

I currently have the infinity Basslink in the cargo and it has gone tits up. This is my second unit so I'm ready for a change and to free up the cargo area for the dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom