Underhood Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still, I think I wouldn't mind having a long LED strip stuck to the underside of the hood. I think this would illuminate the engine bay nicely.

It does. Thats the route I took and I love it. Plenty of light. I use this:
WLF Waterproof Light Fixture specifications

I started a write up but just got too busy to finish. Its cheap and easy to install, trust me. Although I haven't done it yet I was going to just use a pressure switch to have it go on automatically when the hood was opened instead of using the switch. No biggie.

I've replaced all my interior lights with LED's but settled for a cheap LED rechargeable flashlight for emergency use. Fabulously bright lights for very little electricity.

Kalawang

I have been wanting to add a light like this to the Cruiser...my 1972 240Z had an underhood lamp from the factory...IMHO, why didn't Toyota have one with their flagship vehicle? Oh well, we can improve upon these rigs; actually isn't that what drives many of us on mud?

:cheers:

Steve

they did...the 40-62 series all had the little drop lites on a long cord that either plugged in in the glove box or under the engine. i wonder if the 80 series in other countries come with something like that and maybe it's only the luxury mobiles that don't. they figure soccer moms can't check their oil let alone work on something under the hood.

I keep two in the back on my rack with LEDs. They work great for camp lighting too.
Part number 67-w9-wv wide
Got them from superbrightleds for like five bucks each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom