Underhood fan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a '92 FJ80.
On the driver's side fender, there is a fan with a duct pointing at the engine. Mine does not work as Mr Toyota intended.

The fan motor is in good condition, and will operate when I jumper the terminals to the battery. Does anyone know where the fuse, relay, and temp switch for this fan is located? I cannot find a wiring diagram of it to help me.

Thanx.

On my old 62 the temp switch was on the exhaust monifold. That fan is there to cool the intake after shutting down the engine. It should be a single ground wire going to the switch. If everything looks good it could be a bad ground as that is done by means of physical contact to the manifold and removing the switch and sanding down to bare metal might get it back up and running.

It is suposed to cut on after you shut off the engine if the temperature goes above 230*, and shuts off at 194* according to the manifold temp sensor.

The fuse is the DOME fuse, there is a fan relay and a fan motor relay. Their location according to the FSM is behind the "driver's cowl side trim" and the "RH cowl side trim".

Wow, something never heard about - didn't know the 3FE powered 80s' would have such cool feature.

Sorry, no help from me.

Must not have worked well enough for Mr.T to continue installing them. Was it just some early models?

it's because both the intake and exhaust headers are on the same side of the block and heat would easilly transfer between the two. On the 60s it would cause vapor lock in the carb and the truck would run like crap until the intake air would cool it back down.

I see - a patch to address a design issue (probably due to some other restrictions).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom