UnderDawg Fab Worx-Beware (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As a customer of UnderDawg Fab Worx, I would highly discourage anyone from buying from him. We agreed for him to build me an expedition bull bar bumper and I loaned him my 100 series to fabricate. I sent him pictures of what I wanted. He said a week, then needed 3 additional days and then 3 more days. When I asked about them during the build process, he said yeah they will be slick-his exact words. Then the next day said full bull bars didn't look right. I reminded him he was working for the customer, me. Then he said he didn't have the equipment to bend it per how I described/pictures sent to him. So I negotiated for a cover plate over the winch area to make up for not receiving the bull bars. He didn't make those either saying he ran out of time-3 days before I was to pick it up. When I picked it up, he wouldn't refund or discount our agreed upon price. Worse yet, my 100 series cruiser now reeks of SMOKE inside and out from him. When I drove home I found he didn't reinstall the turn lights and headlights correctly-missin screws and tabs-which I now have to go buy. He has not responded to any of my messages, since I picked it up and discovered the smoke and missing screws. I will provide copies of my correspondences with UnderDawg Fab Worx to anyone considering, so you can make your own judgement.

Bummer, I had considered getting one of his expo style front bumpers for one of my 80's but did a little checking and had seen some bad reviews from people who had dealings with him. I also saw one really good review about a roof rack then more negative stuff in his threads. Too bad, his product looked pretty nice.

Bummer, I had considered getting one of his expo style front bumpers for one of my 80's but did a little checking and had seen some bad reviews from people who had dealings with him. I also saw one really good review about a roof rack then more negative stuff in his threads. Too bad, his product looked pretty nice.

According to his Facebook posts he is still going to build bumpers, but from what I can tell it won't be his primary business.

Yeah I noticed that and he posted some stuff on FB. I'm trying to get ahold of him, he's supposed to be making me a roof rack.

For the non-Facebook crowd

"Im not taking anymore orders via the internet anymore, I'm over it. I had Woody remove my vendor ribbon on MUD and wont be posting there much anymore. I'm tired in all aspects on the word. I try really hard to keep up with everything and everyone but its to much to deal with by myself. I have a auto immune disease called Lupus and stress is a trigger for a flare up which puts me down or in the hospital for sometimes weeks. If you want a refund because you wanna buy into the BS that a couple of guys have said that's fine get in line. Sorry if this sounds harsh but I have no tact sometimes and have to say what I feel."

"Been down with a flare up since Monday guys. Its been a pretty rough way to these past few days. Im sorry if I've missed your call or what not. Been stuck in bed and had my phone off to get some rest. Ill be back up soon. Thanks for your understanding and support. God bless"

I for one, hope he gets back on his feet. He is talented

Snipped from Underdawg's Facebook post:

" If you want a refund because you wanna buy into the BS that a couple of guys have said that's fine get in line. "

Sound like the kind of guy I want to do business with........NOT!
The excuses sound like another former vendor on Mud.

Well I've been trying to get a hold of him with phone calls (unanswered, let messages) emailed him and posted on his FB site. No response and today I notice his FB page is gone... Dude has my money :(

Anybody dealt with him, got their money back? How about recovering money through PayPal? Any help would be appreciated. I'm not used to getting burned.

I'm in the same boat. Ordered my rack in December. I tried to give him a chance but I keep getting excuses whenever I get a hold of him. Like you said, his Facebook page is down and now his phone number is disconnected.

I don't have piles of cash to spend on my rig so getting a grand stolen from me by a guy that I am trying to help out feels pretty terrible. All I can do now is hope he will make it right.

I just had to make a claim against this guy through Paypal - have no idea if they'll recover my money but I paid him $750 for a bumper back in January and he has continuously had excuses as to why he hasn't finished it. I feel bad for the guy if his medical issues are the real culprit here but if you're going to take people's money you have to contact them to let them know what's going on. He has dodged emails and phone calls from me for weeks and I'm just tired of it. Hoping Paypal claims will sort this mess out and get me my refund.

I too had same issues, I ordered rack with powder coat and at least I received it 3 months later, powdercoat is falling off and the rust is apparently dripping on my roof of my 80. Jason was threatening on the phone, and he kept lieing to me about when I would get the rack. When I received it it was not straight, like he welded it up on a saw horse. I had to try to bend it straight so it would even bolt flat to my cruiser. I dont care about your medical issues, if you can't do the job dont advertise and take peoples money. I have an ugly product, I should have gone with Gamiviti. I'm into my rack with having to now rattle can over all the crappy welds about 1200 bucks.

Well I received my refund from Jason today. I'm happy to get my $ back fo sure. He sent me a message saying he had just taken on too much work to fast. I hope others are made whole. Now the search for someone else to make my roof rack.

Nice to see him stepping up

FWIW I paid for a bumper and roof rack in early January. He was patient while I arranged pickup this weekend.

In the meanwhile, all of this stuff blew up online, and I was nervous about him completing the order. I was more nervous when his Facebook profile came down and he de-friended me. His responses were getting shorter and shorter, and I could tell something was stressing him out.

I contacted him, and got the run down. My perspective is the guy is very talented. He also took on a lot of projects at once. Reading through these threads, I think it's hard to ask any bespoke fabricator to have a bumper complete in under 2 weeks time. As for claims regarding powder coating, sometimes it takes time for small business to work out stuff like that.

I believe he's done right by all of his buyers, and had cash on hand to refund. Not like he went and burned it all.

I'll see how everything holds up, but I'd recommend witholding judgement until more is known. He's been good to me through the process. No complaints once it was clear my order was safe.

I liked his bumper design. disappointed its not going on my rig. I had no expectation of a 2 week turn around. I waited 6 and would have waited longer if he would have been communicative. I did get a refund.

I never did get the replacement wings for my bumper, so he definitely has not done right by all his buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom